DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noise reduced? ion.vs.polymer

white lightning

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi everyone,

I was looking at different Mavic accessories and I was looking to get some comments on a couple items. I saw there are propellors that are so-called noise reduced and was wondering what people's personal experience has been with using them. Also, I learned about lithium ion vs lithium polymer and was hoping to get some feedback about those and any other fun/cool mods that are actually useful and worth the cost.

For propellers personally I would only trust OEM or Master Airscrew. Anything else and you're taking a huge chance of your bird dropping out of the sky due to low quality materials or poor quality control with having matched sets. Having said that I've noticed, along with others who I have had with me to do sound 'tests' that the Master Airscrew SOUND significantly quieter even if the decibels are the same or at least similar. The reason being is that the frequency is lower and less annoying. The higher pitch from OEM are more grating and stand out while the MAS are deeper and more acceptable and tend to blend in to the background more.
For batteries I'd say go LIPO over LIB if given the choice. Better run time per ounce( or gram if you're 'normal') and offer better real world lifespan. LIB tend to start degrading, albeit slowly, almost immediately while LIPO retain mode life if taken care of properly

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_