DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Norway and Denmark Aerial Video

macfawlty

Reactions
Did a 10 day cruise with Silver Sea starting in Copenhagen to various towns in Norway (Bergen, Geiranger, Olden, Flam, Arendal, Oslo). Despite getting enough footage in each of the towns, I decided to start with a sampling of the whole trip. Of course it's long so don't say it's too long. It's shorter than 6 three minute videos. Here's a link to my photos from the trip (Sony a7r2): Denmark & Norway - August, 2023

Last edited:
Nice video

Beautiful! Some videos are too long, and some are not long enough. I would let this kind of footage play on my tv for 4 hours.
Keep up the good work!

Beautiful! Some videos are too long, and some are not long enough. I would let this kind of footage play on my tv for 4 hours.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for that. With limited time at any of the cruise destinations, sightseeing with wife and friends, I capture what I can given the situation and conditions at the time (rain is the daily norm in Norway). There's also the issue of trying not to be an annoyance when flying at a populated tourist destination. My biggest mistake was doing the bus tours to major sites (organized by the cruise line). ALWAYS do a private van and tour guide so you can go where you want to go and stop when and where you want. Briksdal Glacier I should have spent a lot more time hiking/photographing, flying and filming. Here's a link to my photos from the trip (w/ a Sony a7r II): Denmark & Norway - August, 2023
_A7R3223-Pano-Edit.jpg _A7R4007.jpg

_A7R3654.jpg

DJI_0981-Pano-Edit.jpg

_A7R4421.jpg

_A7R4266.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dozzn
Did a 10 day cruise with Silver Sea starting in Copenhagen to various towns in Norway (Bergen, Geiranger, Olden, Flam, Arendal, Oslo). Despite getting enough footage in each of the towns, I decided to start with a sampling of the whole trip. Of course it's long so don't say it's too long. It's shorter than 6 three minute videos. Here's a link to my photos from the trip (Sony a7r2): Denmark & Norway - August, 2023

Beautiful work mate, kept me in interested the whole journey, good choice of music, so much eye candy, very beautiful areas. Did find I craved some more resolution though lol. Thanks for sharing

Beautiful work mate, kept me in interested the whole journey, good choice of music, so much eye candy, very beautiful areas. Did find I craved some more resolution though lol. Thanks for sharing
Ya know, it was captured at 60 fps in D-Log M, 4k/UHD, edited in Resolve 18.5 and exported with the Vimeo 4k settings. I made a revision edit this morning, re-exported/uploaded to replace. You may have caught it while Vimeo was doing the conversion, which takes a few passes. That said, I'm never happy with the compression from Vimeo and YouTube. Give it a quick review and see if it looks better now.

Last edited:
What beautiful places. There are some marvelous images in your video. It almost seems that some of the gardens, buildings, and plazas were designed to be viewed from above.

What beautiful places. There are some marvelous images in your video. It almost seems that some of the gardens, buildings, and plazas were designed to be viewed from above.
As a photographer of 40+ years, I've found that I'm doing mostly aerial video over the last 7 since my wife bought my first Phantom 3 4k. I've always loved the aerial view. In Norway however, I was able to capture quite a lot with my Sony mirrorless. There were a lot of vistas at high elevations where the drone wasn't as necessary or practical. When there's a long vista, good photos and video need a foreground element. Flying close to the ground, cliff face or mountain ridge to provide the parallax.

This was an admirable job well done!My wife and I have made a long standing rule to NEVER travel with other people.Other people are usually a PITA. No one tolerates a photographer, neither a Sony A&R II or my Nikon Z8 mirrorless, not to mention, god forbid, a drone!!! We gave up tours many years ago. Just completed a car trip (Hertz) to the Canadian Rockies. Stopped wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and did not bother anyone. My wife tolerates my photography well.
I found your video extensively encompassing, with great shots of the tall buildings, and dome, etc. Great music selection too. Good videos never seem long in time, only bad ones. This was one of the good ones.

Dale
Miami

This was an admirable job well done!My wife and I have made a long standing rule to NEVER travel with other people.Other people are usually a PITA. No one tolerates a photographer, neither a Sony A&R II or my Nikon Z8 mirrorless, not to mention, god forbid, a drone!!! We gave up tours many years ago. Just completed a car trip (Hertz) to the Canadian Rockies. Stopped wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and did not bother anyone. My wife tolerates my photography well.
I found your video extensively encompassing, with great shots of the tall buildings, and dome, etc. Great music selection too. Good videos never seem long in time, only bad ones. This was one of the good ones.

Dale
Miami
Dale, you've got the travel thing down for sure and always have great advice. Canadian Rockies are very high on my list... and Iceland, both places you've been.

The footage is hardly epic, but I gotta get what I'm able for the short time I'm in a locale. I try to adapt to the situation and ensure I get a variety of moves that will cut together well. For instance... the gimbal down shots of the river rapids were, in part, dictated by the fact that it was raining and that was the logical way to keep the lens free of water drops. I rushed through this edit, only using bits and pieces of a 10-day trip. I'll probably do a few locale-focused edits.

One thing most notable about my photography is there are hardly any people in them as I'm often all over the place, working quickly, methodically, occasionally rejoining wife and friends in a nearby cafe. I'll typically fly in the mornings and late in the day when others are having breakfast or having drinks. They appreciate my photos as I capture a lot they never got to see. Flying/filming is my first priority. 168GB of aerials on this trip. I did shoot about 2,400 frames with the Sony, typically a 3-image bracket, always RAW, more panos than not. I whittled the 2,400 down to a final 420 images. I'm wicked fast working in Lightroom.

Dale, you've got the travel thing down for sure and always have great advice. Canadian Rockies are very high on my list... and Iceland, both places you've been.

The footage is hardly epic, but I gotta get what I'm able for the short time I'm in a locale. I try to adapt to the situation and ensure I get a variety of moves that will cut together well. For instance... the gimbal down shots of the river rapids were, in part, dictated by the fact that it was raining and that was the logical way to keep the lens free of water drops. I rushed through this edit, only using bits and pieces of a 10-day trip. I'll probably do a few locale-focused edits.

One thing most notable about my photography is there are hardly any people in them as I'm often all over the place, working quickly, methodically, occasionally rejoining wife and friends in a nearby cafe. I'll typically fly in the mornings and late in the day when others are having breakfast or having drinks. They appreciate my photos as I capture a lot they never got to see. Flying/filming is my first priority. 168GB of aerials on this trip. I did shoot about 2,400 frames with the Sony, typically a 3-image bracket, always RAW, more panos than not. I whittled the 2,400 down to a final 420 images. I'm wicked fast working in Lightroom.
We sound alike! I am now sitting with two hard drives full of data from Canadian rockies. 1We covered all of the parks in Alberta and British Colombia- tons of waterfalls, etc. I've got 27 GB! 23 days of filming with Nikon Z8 mirrorless, Mini 2 drone ( I left the M3 home because of Canadian threats), and OM6 gimbal footage and stills. I started editing the stills yesterday and man,...it's gonna take a helluva long time to produce a video.

I am also staring at an upcoming 3 week safari back to the Maasai Mara in October.

Dale

We sound alike! I am now sitting with two hard drives full of data from Canadian rockies. 1We covered all of the parks in Alberta and British Colombia- tons of waterfalls, etc. I've got 27 GB! 23 days of filming with Nikon Z8 mirrorless, Mini 2 drone ( I left the M3 home because of Canadian threats), and OM6 gimbal footage and stills. I started editing the stills yesterday and man,...it's gonna take a helluva long time to produce a video.

I am also staring at an upcoming 3 week safari back to the Maasai Mara in October.

Dale
We’ve attempted an Africa safari trip a couple times and had to call it off. Apparently, I’ve got my work cut out for me catching up to you. We’ll probably move towards semi-retirement in a year or so when our earn out term ends.

I’ve thought about getting a Mini 3 Pro. Figured I’d wait until the destination made it an imperative.

Dave

Did a 10 day cruise with Silver Sea starting in Copenhagen to various towns in Norway (Bergen, Geiranger, Olden, Flam, Arendal, Oslo).
Interesting to see what the Vigeland Sculpture Park looks like when it's not covered with snow and ice.

We’ve attempted an Africa safari trip a couple times and had to call it off. Apparently, I’ve got my work cut out for me catching up to you. We’ll probably move towards semi-retirement in a year or so when our earn out term ends.

I’ve thought about getting a Mini 3 Pro. Figured I’d wait until the destination made it an imperative.

Dave
Sorry to say, Africa is NOT the place for a drone. It is highly illegal in the game parks and the guides will not allow it. This upcoming trip to Maasai Mar, Kenya, I will be sneaking in my Mini 2 (not the M3) and I will only be using it covertly around camp. This will be my 14th Africa safari ( all countries) and I have used the Mini sparingly around camp but am not allowed to fly it on safari. You need to stay in the vehicle most of the time (or you will be eaten).

Sorry to say, Africa is NOT the place for a drone. It is highly illegal in the game parks and the guides will not allow it. This upcoming trip to Maasai Mar, Kenya, I will be sneaking in my Mini 2 (not the M3) and I will only be using it covertly around camp. This will be my 14th Africa safari ( all countries) and I have used the Mini sparingly around camp but am not allowed to fly it on safari. You need to stay in the vehicle most of the time (or you will be eaten).
Yes, I did a little research previously on the topic. Some countries do not allow them at all. I think South Africa was ok. I definitely follow laws and reg’s on drone use and certainly would not risk interfacing with authorities or incarceration in an African country. 14th safari?? Dale, you are a man of the world!

Interesting to see what the Vigeland Sculpture Park looks like when it's not covered with snow and ice.
Vigeland Park was a real highlight. I need to get a book on it so I can see all of ways he sculpted the human form. I was reluctant to fly there with so many people and tried not to fly over anyone, but I may have just a bit. A beautiful sunny Sunday in Oslo, obviously everyone was out and about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne