DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Not a nice place, but essential...

Paul Iddon

Reactions
Hidden in rural countryside...The United Utilities Sewage Treatment Works on the outskirts of Preston treats over 14,000 cubic metres of water a day, but is designed to treat over 53,000 cubic metres.

The waste water is screened with grit and settlement removed, and the treated water discharged into the River Ribble after being disinfected with UV light. All the remaining sludge is taken by tanker to a second facility in Blackburn.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Paul.

Well it might be a bit on the whiffy side, but I always think these look great from above, and yours is no exception !
Nice that you didn't go down over those tanks - I imagine recovery would be quite an experience ! I've got (a lesser) one near me on my list soon...

Oh, and bonus marks for the rich Spiccato Cellos !

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Well it might be a bit on the whiffy side, but I always think these look great from above, and yours is no exception !
Nice that you didn't go down over those tanks - I imagine recovery would be quite an experience ! I've got (a lesser) one near me on my list soon...

Oh, and bonus marks for the rich Spiccato Cellos !

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

It was a bit pongy at one point but not too bad in the main...

The musician is the talented one here, I just chose his music, lol...

Paul.

man I always enjoy the industrial shapes places like this give for pictures :)

Cheers for watching. All the sites here use the sMe format of long rows. Nice and symmetrical...

Paul.

Well flown, Paul! Probably not one of the top 10 places you'd think to fly, it is a necessary facility to have. I like how it's laid out, probably very efficient. I also like that it's surrounded by trees so it's out-of-sight, out-of-mind.
A bit tongue-in-cheek, but I'm glad this video didn't come in smell-o-vision! ;);)

• Haha
Reactions: Paul Iddon
Thanks for sharing. I hope you were flying from up wind of the facility

It was a tad pongy in one corner, but nothing I couldn't handle, lol... (well, I didn't handle anything "sewagey"...)

Thanks for watching.

Paul.

Well flown, Paul! Probably not one of the top 10 places you'd think to fly, it is a necessary facility to have. I like how it's laid out, probably very efficient. I also like that it's surrounded by trees so it's out-of-sight, out-of-mind.
A bit tongue-in-cheek, but I'm glad this video didn't come in smell-o-vision! ;);)

Thanks Daryll - I suppose the faint smello I suffered on and braved, on behalf of the drone community, will allow watchers to sympathise a bit, hahah!

Cheers for watching.

Paul.

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Another great video! It's my first time seeing a sewage treatment facility.

Another great video! It's my first time seeing a sewage treatment facility.

There are quite a lot of them, but most are not on maps and as such not easy to find...

Paul.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二