DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not having a Telemetry Screen

redserv

Reactions
Guys I have a question. With mavic pro platinum remote I had the telemetry screen built in. So if I lost video signal from my cs monitor I was still able to use the telemetry screen to get my drone back. What do you guys do when you can't see your drone or have lost video signal to the bird? Is the only option RTH to get back your bird?

Stop, hover and evaluate the situation. If I'm in open terrain, RTH is an option. In congested areas and places where RTH might encounter striking something on the way back, I'd want to do whatever is possible to visually re-find the drone by going straight up until I can see it. Hopefully nothing is directly above the drone and it shouldn't be if you are/were flying VLOS. But stuff happens and I've been in that situation myself after striking a power line which caused the drone to fall into a canyon. I just stayed calm and slowly came straight up until I saw my drone. I rarely lose sight of my drone and is one reason I use strobes.
Edit. I've re-booted my CS during a hover when the CS battery died and I had to replace it. I had plenty of drone battery left.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada