DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oddity with timestamp on files (M2P)

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I've been out practicing, trying to build enough footage for another project. I've started with clips from the other day and it was odd in the order that DaVinci Resolve saw them. But I just went with it. Today I got some more footage and when I transferred the files to my computer I noticed the odd time stamp sequence. The SRT files are stamped correctly but the MP4 files have no resemblence to the flight time, as you can see if you compare the SRT and MP4 time stamps. Below is a snapshot illustrating the problem HOW DO I FIX IT??? So my M2P can record them correctly??? TIA

1652727396101.png

Forgive me, but I'm a bit impatient today and would like to see if anyone has any idea why the timestamps are off so I can start cutting footage without an out-of-order file sequence like the last recent project I was working on. It was annoying to deal with it.

Bump

That is really odd. I've never seen that — all my videos have the correct times on them.

I assume these are the times that show up on your computer when you open the SD card?

That is really odd. I've never seen that — all my videos have the correct times on them.

I assume these are the times that show up on your computer when you open the SD card?
Yes... on the SD card and transfers to the computer and same when imported into Davinci. It makes it hard to do first edits on the cut page because the files are out of order. I have to figure out how to order them by file name because timestamp sure isn't working. So odd. Is there some sort of time setting in the Mavic 2's Go4 app? But why would the SRT files be correct and the MP4's not be??? The SRT files are turned on when Captions are turned on in Go4. So, so odd.

Anyone?

I thought there might be some replies so I took the time to call DJI. They have other cases like this but no answers, so it points back to the card....

IS THERE A WAY TO LOOK AT A FILE AND TELL WHICH SD CARD THE DATA WAS WRITTEN ON?

I've been using a Samsung 128gb card that has never had a problem recordiing the MP4 files, but the time stamp is an anomaly. So I've backed up the entire card just in case and am doing a full (not quick) reformat. In the meantime I've put a PNY 64gb card in my M2P and will do some test filming in a day or two.

I have not changed the file names but perhaps I can reorder them in Davinci Resolve by name. The odd timestamps somehow put them out of order in the Cut Page. While I can skip to the files by name it would be nice that they'd all be in order so I can just go through and trim them up and just append them to the timeline so I can get in and to some color grading before doing any fine tuning or effects.
Just thought I'd provide an update of what I know.

I've used many cards, including a 128G one (SanDisk) and not had that happen. Timestamps are correct for both pictures and videos, in local time. (I assumed that the drone got the time from the GPS connection.)

Can you try using a different computer? Maybe a different OS, if you can manage that.

Do you have any old files that you can look at? If this is a new problem that could be useful information. I've generally found problems don't just happen randomly, especially in software; usually something has changed, often an update.

I've used many cards, including a 128G one (SanDisk) and not had that happen. Timestamps are correct for both pictures and videos, in local time. (I assumed that the drone got the time from the GPS connection.)

Can you try using a different computer? Maybe a different OS, if you can manage that.

Do you have any old files that you can look at? If this is a new problem that could be useful information. I've generally found problems don't just happen randomly, especially in software; usually something has changed, often an update.
The problem is on the card, not a computer problem. I back up all my old files with any value. The first time I have identified the issue was June 2nd last year and going forward. But I cannot tell if this was the same card or the other 64gb card. I don't believe I cross-trade/use cards with my Mini 2. Each case and drone has their own cards. But I can't be 100% certain that I've never done it, perhaps coming out of the card reader. But unlikely..

So, the best I can do at this time is a hard reformat, overwriting everything, not using quick format (done). The other card that I use on my M2P is formatted, so no help there. I have to wait to see what happens on the next video files, first with the 64gb card, then with the Samsung 128gb card that I just formatted. FYI I had renamed the card with M2P in the name so I could identify it as only for use in the M2. At least the Mp4 files themselves aren't corrupted. Only mis-timestamped.

Update:
I reformatted the errant card (not quick reformat) and all is back the way it is supposed to be. It looks like a partially corrupt card was the issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique