DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 of Water...and Light

RustyRussell

Reactions
This is the first time I have posted on the forum, so bear with me!
This short video was taken with my Mavic Air, combining the results of a good number of early morning bike rides to the Toronto waterfront. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from too much Youtube compression.
Constructive comments would be welcomed!

Very nicely done, enjoyed watching. Can't really find anything to criticize.

And nice to see a video set in place I recognize. (Spoken as a former denizen of deepest darkest Scarberia)

Nice clip of the Canadian flag! Did you use any filters for any of the shots?

Great video. You used dissolve on some of your transitions. I would use it on all of your transitions to further smooth out the video. Nice titles. Where did you get them?

Reactions: Howard70
Really beautiful. I like the short clips. Like Wsteele, I think the dissolves are better transitions than the abrupt cuts. I think dissolves promote a peaceful, soothing view whereas abrupt cuts are more action inspiring.

I also like the story line of early morning through evening - provides some context to what might otherwise be a nice batch of visuals. Good job!

Howard

Very nicely done, enjoyed watching. Can't really find anything to criticize.

And nice to see a video set in place I recognize. (Spoken as a former denizen of deepest darkest Scarberia)
Thank you "denizen of deepest darkest Scarberia". Had a good chuckle over that description - you would have to live here to understand it!

Reactions: Barbara
Nice clip of the Canadian flag! Did you use any filters for any of the shots?
Thank you tck444. Glad you liked me putting the Canadian flag in the picture! Did not use filters. Getting out of bed VERY early was my best filter. The deep red that appears around the 53 second mark was the morning of July 21st, if memory serves, and provided one of the best looking skies I have ever seen. I may have slightly under exposed.

Great video. You used dissolve on some of your transitions. I would use it on all of your transitions to further smooth out the video. Nice titles. Where did you get them?
Thanks wsteele. Good point about the transitions. I had used way more transitions in earlier attempts and a friend said "when do you ever see that on TV?" So I cut back. But I agree wholeheartedly - it does make things a lot smoother and more fluid. As far as the titles are concerned, they are all stock items provided with Filmora X editing software, which I have been using. Thanks for your input!

Really beautiful. I like the short clips. Like Wsteele, I think the dissolves are better transitions than the abrupt cuts. I think dissolves promote a peaceful, soothing view whereas abrupt cuts are more action inspiring.

I also like the story line of early morning through evening - provides some context to what might otherwise be a nice batch of visuals. Good job!

Howard
Thank you very much Howard70. I appreciate the input on the transitions and my response to wsteele indicates my full agreement. I think you're right about the abrupt cuts being more for action type video. Trying to learn from the masters!

Thank you "denizen of deepest darkest Scarberia". Had a good chuckle over that description - you would have to live here to understand it!
Note the "former denizen" designation. After close to 40 years living and working there, I can honestly say, I don't miss it. Other than our friends.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent