DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

@JakeMaxxUAV 50,174 ft. and back with the Mavic. Dual multistar 4000 LIHV batteries Maxx UAV battery clip , and a stock controller. I'm pretty impressed with this battery combination it even does well on the bottom end. Nate you were definitely right about these LIHV's they were pretty darn good with the mavic. I think next chance I get to go to Okeechobee I might be able to get 10 miles. View attachment 14277 View attachment 14278

@Unknown_Caller -

Can I ask a ? I'm no stranger to the distance runs on a Phantom. But, I'm wondering on the Mavic...

1. I assume Sport Mode? Watch the Tach etc. what speed do you try to achieve?

2. Low altitude or ?

3. Stock, means no windsurfers either?

I've see some people argue full speed is the best... I find that hard to believe.

27,000+ with no mods is pretty crazy.

Would any of you guys mind posting pictures and describing your setup for those of us that are newbies and completely enthralled with what your doing! Thanks!

Today I modded up the Mavic with a direct mod for external batteries. it took less than an hour. I took it for a test flight this evening with a battery that I built just for the Mavic. I turned around early, it was a direct crosswind so I didn't want to push it. It'll get me on the board, great first flight with the bat mod.
40,549'
stock rc
bat mod
d1c80d8918c3fb7849f68c82751b5c25.jpg
0086281f6e99f62a44a0f20849922eae.jpg
4d2dd13485a9350838662906f57c02c8.jpg
29dbfe50def626124660fb57e29313e4.jpg
6a33c8b99ece9fd8fff466e5efe904c8.jpg

i'll get an HD report and better flight log images later[emoji41]
I guess I've officially joined the club.

Today I modded up the Mavic with a direct mod for external batteries. it took less than an hour. I took it for a test flight this evening with a battery that I built just for the Mavic. I turned around early, it was a direct crosswind so I didn't want to push it. It'll get me on the board, great first flight with the bat mod.
40,549'
stock rc
bat mod

Alright DirtyBum! Straight into the 40,000 ft club with your first modded test flight! We're going to have a lot of fun on this leaderboard this summer.

Dang db first belly mounted battery ive seen. Nice flight man, 40k is a nice way to come onto the leaderboard.

I wish there was a "stock" board and a modded Board.

If @JakeMaxxUAV doesnt mind keeping two lists, I think this would be a good idea. 100% stock list and a modded list, I like that. Helps keep competition going for stock and modded.

40,549'
stock rc
bat mod

Wow that's great flight!!! I've been kind of hesitant to go with a direct mod because I have the insurance on the mavic but look at that flight time you're getting. It looks like it's a better way to go. Even when I run the duel 4000 battery packs the battery algorithm never breaks 30 minutes. Great flight good luck on your ten mile attempt. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with you!!!

Last edited:
@Unknown_Caller -

Can I ask a ? I'm no stranger to the distance runs on a Phantom. But, I'm wondering on the Mavic...

1. I assume Sport Mode? Watch the Tach etc. what speed do you try to achieve?

2. Low altitude or ?

3. Stock, means no windsurfers either?

I've see some people argue full speed is the best... I find that hard to believe.

27,000+ with no mods is pretty crazy.
What's up bro? I run full speed GPS mode on the way out into the wind and on the way back I use sport mode depending on how windy it is are run it between 60% and 80% throttle. I try to keep my drone as low as I can when flying into the wind the only reason I climb is to gain a stronger signal or climb over obstructions. Yes my controller is completely stock that means no Windsurfer either. Yeah I hit 27,000 ft. Before I started using sport mode on the return trip. I believe that's definitely a beatable record. On that flight I used full speed GPS on the way out and return to home mode full speed on the way back that gives you an extra one or two miles per hour over normal GPS mode. I believe full speed GPS mode is the way to go on pretty much every DJI drone when concerning long-distance flights. With the exception of the mavic in sport mode with a Tailwind. Full speed GPS mode is in my opinion the best balance between speed and battery life.

Yeah, very aerodynamic. I like it. I think he made this battery out of some old 4s packs he had. Nice!
Look at the flight time he's getting!!! 31 minutes at 20% thats a 40-minute bird!!!
I think a direct mod might be a better way to go then the battery clip.

Wow that's great flight!!! I've been kind of hesitant to go with a direct mod because I have the insurance on the mavic but look at that flight time you're getting. It looks like it's a better way to go. Even when I run the duel 4000 battery packs the battery algorithm never breaks 30 minutes. Great flight good luck on your ten mile attempt. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with you!!!

my bat algorithm on app only started with 29 mins.

Dang db first belly mounted battery ive seen. Nice flight man, 40k is a nice way to come onto the leaderboard.

If @JakeMaxxUAV doesnt mind keeping two lists, I think this would be a good idea. 100% stock list and a modded list, I like that. Helps keep competition going for stock and modded.

@JakeMaxxUAV what do ya say? lets do a stock also.

Look at the flight time he's getting!!! 31 minutes at 20% thats a 40-minute bird!!!
I think a direct mod might be a better way to go then the battery clip.

Yes, I just checked my flight log for my battery at same distance out, was 59%. Wow, that's really good. I had a headwind, but it was light until I got to the Bay.

Reactions: Unknown Caller
Hey bro are you getting your Healthy drones data up on the board without connecting your Go app to the internet? I'm a little concerned I don't want to have to update my Go app. Is there's a trick your using like manual loading the data to the server possibly? I know a few people yesterday that got hit with the force update. I'm trying to steer clear of it.

my bat algorithm on app only started with 29 mins.
Still I think it's probably best to go with the direct mod. I mean the clips work great I just have to add a parallel cable to get both xt60 connectors off the batteries up to the clip. I'd imagine I'm adding a significant amount of resistance. Going with the direct mod I can shorten my leads a great deal save some weight too I'm sure.

Dirty Bum, you the man.

That's a crazy Mod. I'm scared to crack my bird open.

Lastly, you did that run with a STOCK controller? That's unbelievable

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vamocognito