DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Olympic Airways, Tribute to an old airport

Tasos GR

Reactions

Olympic Airways for at least four decades, was the flag carrier airline of Greece. The airline operated services to 37 domestic destinations and to 32 destinations world-wide. The airline's main base was at Athens International Airport, with hubs at Thessaloniki International Airport, "Macedonia", Heraklion International Airport, "Nikos Kazantzakis" and Rhodes International Airport, "Diagoras". On 29 September 2009 Olympic Airlines ceased all operations and most flights.

So many airlines in trouble at the moment - thanks for your tribute.
Enjoyed the latter part of your flight.

Olympic Airways for at least four decades, was the flag carrier airline of Greece. The airline operated services to 37 domestic destinations and to 32 destinations world-wide. The airline's main base was at Athens International Airport, with hubs at Thessaloniki International Airport, "Macedonia", Heraklion International Airport, "Nikos Kazantzakis" and Rhodes International Airport, "Diagoras". On 29 September 2009 Olympic Airlines ceased all operations and most flights.

Nice tribute! I flew from Toronto to Athens on an Olympic 747 more than 20 years ago. Didn’t realize Olympic had shut down. Is the Airport in Athens closed too?

Chris

Very cool video. Being a retired air traffic controller I always enjoy anything with airplanes. Saw and old B737, B727 and of course the B747, all great airplanes in their day. I've always loved the B727. Also, it's not too often you get to fly a drone around an airport, and especially down a runway, of that size. Great video, yet sad at the same time.

Very cool video. Being a retired air traffic controller I always enjoy anything with airplanes. Saw and old B737, B727 and of course the B747, all great airplanes in their day. I've always loved the B727. Also, it's not too often you get to fly a drone around an airport, and especially down a runway, of that size. Great video, yet sad at the same time.

Thank you so much for your feedback.. appreciated!??

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf