DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One of my first videos. Feedback is welcome! California, 4K.

Very good first video.

I live right there .. about a few miles away. Bike and run up there.

In the first frames, remember the 2/3 rules : choose sky or 'not sky' to be dominate with the horizon. The 50/50 horizon line is problematic to the viewer.

In the later part of the video you have good instinct in the framing of the video with the hill fall line filling in to the top of the frame and descending into the bottom. Good instincts; trust them.

Film very early or late in the day to get the cool blues in the morning or the golden hues. Work with the light; at the end of the day film and video is all about capturing the light in dramatic venues. Photo is capturing drama; video is drama with movement.

Keep it up.

Reactions: ecdeveloper
Nice, brave footage over the water for a new pilot, it still frightens me ;)

The 1/3 or as Windluv puts it 2/3 rule is a basic rule for pictures in almost any artwork in any medium although like all rules sometimes it’s got to be broken, eg a subject 1/3 up or down and 2/3 over usually looks better than being centralised.

That's a heck of a good video for a newbie! Better than anything I came up with when I started.

I'd recommend researching drone maneuvers (crane shot, reveals, parallax, bird's eye) and using them to get different perspectives of your environment.

Amazing, guys! Thanks all for all the feedback. Definitely will address in all of my coming videos!

ps On my second flight ever I almost dropped my $1.5k drone into the ocean :D I thought 20% battery should be enough to shoot a quick 30s video, off of a cliff. Well, apparently not... After I just took off and went off of the cliff, the drone said "battery is enough to only get back home", and.... started to slowly land.. info the ocean! I was freaking out like crazy, but I managed to manually operate it and land it in a safe spot.

• Wow
Reactions: bassnbeau
Wow a newbie? Looks like a pro. Took me weeks to feel comfortable to get out of beginners mode to build up my confidence. Excellent video. Love it.

Hey pilots,

So glad to join this community!

I went for Earth Day to Mount Umunhum, in California, and shot this footage. I'm a newbie pilot + a newbie video editor, so I'm looking for any feedback.
Thank you all in advance!

excellent video but I must ask ,is that a manual orbit or a poi intelligent mode ?

excellent video but I must ask ,is that a manual orbit or a poi intelligent mode ?

It was the point of interest mode. And actually, if I'm not mistaken, it asked me to disable the beginner mode, when I tried to enable this mode! So maybe just part of the footage is beginner mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23