DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OP error query

Not to pressure on anyone but my care refresh expires on the 17th . Anything in the flight log to win or lose a flyaway claim ?
Not having data to show what happened after losing signal can be a problem, but in this case the data does have the clues to tell what happened.
It turns out that you've been searching in the wrong place and RTH height you had set wouldn't have caused any problem.

You flew east, then west and then north until losing signal at 10:04.9 with the drone some distance away to the north.
At the time, the drone was 64 metres higher than the launch point.
There was a 38 metre high point between the drone's last known position and the home point.
RTH Height was set at 100 metres.
There were no obstacles that should have blocked the RTH path for the drone.

On losing signal, your drone would have followed the Loss of Signal option you had set in the app settings.
Checking the data, shows that you had changed the Failsafe Action from the default value of RTH, to Hover.
This explains why the drone didn't come home.
Rather than returning home, it would have hovered until the battery reached Critical Low Voltage and then descended where it was.

The last known location was 51.91717 -8.40165.
This should have put the drone close to the river, but not in it.
Unfortunately, it is on the edge of a well used carpark and probably not a good spot for a drone to have landed.

i-cLfM6bv.jpg

Reactions: Faster
Thanks Meta 4 ,You've been a great help That's a used car sales lot quite close to where I live . Its gonna be close . I'd say its 50/50 where it came down on top of a car or else the river . Those cars are backed up against a fence and then theres a narrow ditch and a drop down to a deep river channel. I've emailed the lot owner . I'll report back soon as I hear anything . Thanks again for the help

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta4
That's a used car sales lot quite close to where I live .
That's a lot better than the busy carpark that I thought I was looking at.
I had visions of the drone landing and either being picked up and taken or run over.If you get it back, remember to change the Loss of Signal action back to RTH.
Good luck.

Good news .I was on to the car dealer and he told me it landed on the roof of a car .
He also reported to the cops but it is In his possession. I'll smooth things over with him hopefully and retrieve it next week. Thanks again for the help decoding the logs

Good news .I was on to the car dealer and he told me it landed on the roof of a car .
He also reported to the cops but it is In his possession. I'll smooth things over with him hopefully and retrieve it next week. Thanks again for the help decoding the logs
A happy ending ... Woohoo!!

It will descend to 0.5m AGL and wait, if it can't descend due to OA I really don't know what will do. Remember it's running out of battery, at the end it will land anyways, anywhere.
late but happened to me before. not exact circumstances, drone had wonky connection to my controller and didnt rth when i pressed the button, and didnt low battery rth cuz it was still kinda connected. after reaching a low percentage tried to land but failed; so just hovered there until the critical low battery voltage error or something like that and just force landed.

it was a road surface btw

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcremona