DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OPERATING WITH LITCHI

mikemoose55

Reactions
Little confused on this issue, not a tech wiz
Just bought a new tablet Hauwei t3 7 works perfectly.
Will be dedicated to the Mavic no other use
Downloaded Licthi from play store to the new tablet.
There is no DJI GO 4 on the new tablet at the moment
Fired up the mavic last night indoors just to test the setup.
It worked fine without DJI go 4 on the tablet...is this normal, can I fly this way or do I need to add go4?
Hesitating on Go4 because of all the advice to back load .15 version currently have .18 on other tablets so is go4 infused to the Mavic system from past operation?
Any thoughts / guideance is greatly appreciated as this mystical operating stuff is way over my head:confused:.
Thank you all
respectfully
mikemoose55

Reactions: Paulbee
I would personally install them both for two reasons. Reason one is to have a backup control app. Reason two is that you may need to make changes to settings that are not available in Litchi. As long as whatever one you are not using is not running in the background then there will be no issues.

Reactions: Neebles
I would personally install them both for two reasons. Reason one is to have a backup control app. Reason two is that you may need to make changes to settings that are not available in Litchi. As long as whatever one you are not using is not running in the background then there will be no issues.
I second this and add that there are settings in Go 4 that you must set that are not available in Litchi. I could not use Sport mode until I installed Go 4 and turned on Multiple Flight Modes. This was a while back and things may have changed now.

Thanks all for your help.
Guess I will try backloading go4 to the previous "happy version" and keep my fingers crossed.
Weather here, ( central NY USA) limits flying opportunities but really want to enjoy the almost zero lag time of my new tablet.
thank you all again for the wisdomThumbswayup.
Respectfully
mikemoose55

Put in simple terms, litchi uses the Go4 appi, therefore uses most of the settings set by GO4 and stored in the Mavic.
Although you dont really need Go4 on your device its advisable to have it so now a then you can switch to it, to change and alter settings that A) cant be done on Litchi and B) are stored to the Mavic.
Its no problem having both apps on one device as long as only one is running at once. This is usually no problem on most devices except Samsung which you must close in settings.
But remember that when you load litchi or most other 3rd party apps for Mavic that they load their settings and parameters from the Mavic which are saved from setting in DJI Go4. Only a few settings can be altered and changed via the litchi app or other apps.

Reactions: Brojon
Little confused on this issue, not a tech wiz
Just bought a new tablet Hauwei t3 7 works perfectly.
Will be dedicated to the Mavic no other use
Downloaded Licthi from play store to the new tablet.
There is no DJI GO 4 on the new tablet at the moment
Fired up the mavic last night indoors just to test the setup.
It worked fine without DJI go 4 on the tablet...is this normal, can I fly this way or do I need to add go4?
Hesitating on Go4 because of all the advice to back load .15 version currently have .18 on other tablets so is go4 infused to the Mavic system from past operation?
Any thoughts / guideance is greatly appreciated as this mystical operating stuff is way over my head:confused:.
Thank you all
respectfully
mikemoose55
I thought that you had to use GO4 at least once at AC startup so that you can log-in and remove the restricted flight settings.

The Litchi app replaces the DJI go 4 app. You do not want to have both apps on same device..
Not true. A lot of folks say they can't even be running at the same time but I've not found that to be true either.
I'd install both simply because I've had Litchi have a heart attack and stop responding. In that case I kill it and use Dji Go4 to regain control.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky