DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

operator ID renewal UK

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
just a heads up for those renewing their OP ID this year ,just did mine, and you will get a new Number to display on your drones, which should stay the same from this renewal when it comes round next year

That’s what they said last time.
I now have two op numbers supposedly valid in 2021-2022 albeit the latter one did come with a statement saying the previous number is superseded. The best part is that it can be positioned within the battery compartment and does not have to be on the outside. “Provided no tools are required to find the number.”

Reactions: Brian I
The new number is much longer than my old one. It has to go on two lines on the label. It said something to do with the 2020 rule changes.

yes the number is longer and if you notice it has a GBR prefix ,this is to differentiate it from an EU number ,as our drone rules have subtle differences from EASA ones

just a heads up for those renewing their OP ID this year ,just did mine, and you will get a new Number to display on your drones, which should stay the same from this renewal when it comes round next year

Is there a fee for your renewal? If so, what is the cost?

Is there a fee for your renewal? If so, what is the cost?
yes it is at the moment £9 for a year

Yeah, I got my reminder yesterday but have not actioned it yet. Rather surprised to hear it's significantly longer; I was expecting maybe a "UK" prefix/suffix and that would be that. Note that "UK"; "GBR" excludes Northern Ireland, and we're no longer allowed to put those "GB" stickers on our cars apparently, so I have a suspicion this might well be a SNAFU and we're going to get yet another number next year as well.

AFAICT from the comments, you only need the new number on the aircraft once issued, and I suspect the CAA will have both on file anyway, but I think I'll just put mine on the opposite side and only remove the old one once it's definitely expired. There's also the small matter of working out where my label printer currently is, but whatever...

My initial number was issued on the 21st December last year, I just had an email saying it's time to renew so I've done it and when they confirmed the renewal by email, my ID hasn't changed, despite the email itself saying

"Your operator ID has changed to GBR-xx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
The format for operator IDs changed when the new regulations for flying and operating drones and model aircraft were introduced at the end of 2020. This means your operator number has changed."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming