DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orange-Yellow Lines

Lefty Roth

Reactions
Can any one tell me what the flickering orange-yellow horizontal lines at top and bottom of screen are. This is on FLY app regardless of controller.
It also happens when no interference around.
I also noticed them on a few utube video's. Doesn't really interfere with info on screen but not sure what its about. Similar to what I've seen on a TV screen when not set up correctly.
I'm flying a MA 2 with a SC and latest software and it runs fine. I had this moved to SC forum where it really does not belong, sorry for repeating question.
Thanks

Everyone replied to your previous post about the same topic

Everyone replied to your previous post about the same topic

Not really, but that's OK

Not really, but that's OK

The MA2 has obstacle avoidance sensors see page 16 of the manual

Suggest you go through the manual and come back here with any questions that we haven't answered.
1612834924217.png

The yellow bars indicate where the MA2 is detecting obstacles, if they appear at the top of the screen in the middle the obstacle is in front, if in either corner the obstacle is on the relevant flank. If the bars appear at the bottom of the screen then the obstacle is at the back either in the middle or on the flank depending on where the bars show. The obstacle detection indicators shift as the MA2 moves. If you get too close to the obstacle the MA2 will stop or avoid the obstacle (e.g. fly around it) depending on what mode it's in. The bars flicker as the MA2 moves in and out of the obstacle avoidance sensor range.

Suggest you go through the manual and come back here with any questions that we haven't answered.
View attachment 123507

The yellow bars indicate where the MA2 is detecting obstacles, if they appear at the top of the screen in the middle the obstacle is in front, if in either corner the obstacle is on the relevant flank. If the bars appear at the bottom of the screen then the obstacle is at the back either in the middle or on the flank depending on where the bars show. The obstacle detection indicators shift as the MA2 moves. If you get too close to the obstacle the MA2 will stop or avoid the obstacle (e.g. fly around it) depending on what mode it's in. The bars flicker as the MA2 moves in and out of the obstacle avoidance sensor range.
Your response was very informative and I appreciate your time. Turns out no building or tress's obstacles.............I was the obstacle. I was right in front and those yellow bars stayed on until I moved to the side. So simple !
Thanks

View attachment 123507

I got it the other day. I was the obstacle and now stay out of the way. Thanks again

This is great.
Because of your question, now others will understand what they mean they see them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan