DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Osmo Action hand held and mounted on an iSteady Pro 2.

RedSoxFan42

Reactions
Hi All, Thought I would try to smooth out the video on the Osmo Action even more than it is. Used rocksteady mode at 4k 30fps during both tests. To me, for $99, the iSteady Pro 2 makes a noticeable difference. Your thoughts?

Reactions: Hauptmann and ff22
I think the second shoot was smoother. I was going to attempt to show them sidebyside but...hard to sync! I still think Rock Steady does a good job going down the staircase - like the house, too!

Thanks for the feedback. Let me update this. I agree the Osmo Action camera's barrel effect is very noticeable, ex=specially in a narrow area such as my hallway. Secondly, I have decided to return the iSteady Pro 2. I occasionally get hung up, and often drifts. It is not something I want to experience during a photo shoot. I have decided to order the DJI Osmo Mobil 3 for my iPhone 8 and see if that is better. I usually prefer DJI products.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Thanks for the feedback. Let me update this. I agree the Osmo Action camera's barrel effect is very noticeable, ex=specially in a narrow area such as my hallway. Secondly, I have decided to return the iSteady Pro 2. I occasionally get hung up, and often drifts. It is not something I want to experience during a photo shoot. I have decided to order the DJI Osmo Mobil 3 for my iPhone 8 and see if that is better. I usually prefer DJI products.

The shots with the iSteady Pro 2.1 were definitely smoother. But you think the DJI Osmo Mobil 3 and iPhone 8 may be even better? I was considering buying the Osmo Action. I can't wait to see your results (please post them) with the Mobil 3. I just may follow your lead.

The shots with the iSteady Pro 2.1 were definitely smoother. But you think the DJI Osmo Mobil 3 and iPhone 8 may be even better? I was considering buying the Osmo Action. I can't wait to see your results (please post them) with the Mobil 3. I just may follow your lead.
OK, I will, but I'm not ready to ditch the Osmo action either. Fits nicely in your pocket. I think there is a time a place for both.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98