DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Our 1st night on dry land in 6 months.

Vernon

Reactions

Sailing into the Komodo National park region was a big goal for us and we were lucky to be lent a very secure mooring in the protected harbour of Labuan Bajo. So with Schiehallion safe we decided to rent a scooter and explore the western part of the island of Flores. It was to be the 1st night we had slept on land in 6 months! Enjoy!

wow you are real adventurers! Very interesting video, compliments! Good luck for your next adventures and show us what you didThumbswayup
cheers and stay safe and sound!
Paul

Reactions: Vernon
wow you are real adventurers! Very interesting video, compliments! Good luck for your next adventures and show us what you didThumbswayup
cheers and stay safe and sound!
Paul
Thanks Paul, glad you enjoyed that.

Sailing into the Komodo National park region was a big goal for us and we were lucky to be lent a very secure mooring in the protected harbour of Labuan Bajo. So with Schiehallion safe we decided to rent a scooter and explore the western part of the island of Flores. It was to be the 1st night we had slept on land in 6 months! Enjoy!
Excellent! Did you dive in Komodo? If so I presume the currents are still ripping like a washing machine?

Reactions: Vernon
Excellent! Did you dive in Komodo? If so I presume the currents are still ripping like a washing machine?
Thanks! We did a lot of free diving in the area and yeah, crazy currents. We drift holding onto the dinghy painter and with the super clear water there it sometimes felt like we were flying. There will be a video coming out soon about Komodo. Its forbidden to fly drones unless you pay and huge amount and get letters rom the police etc so I didn't really get much aerial footage there and wont post that video on this forum.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Thanks! We did a lot of free diving in the area and yeah, crazy currents. We drift holding onto the dinghy painter and with the super clear water there it sometimes felt like we were flying. There will be a video coming out soon about Komodo. Its forbidden to fly drones unless you pay and huge amount and get letters rom the police etc so I didn't really get much aerial footage there and wont post that video on this forum.
I hope you'll show that on your YouTube channel in due course. As far as you know do those drone regulations only apply in the Komodo National Park or do they attempt an enforcement further afield, such as Rinca? I was in Raja Ampat last year for diving as well as some supplementary drone flying, with the permission of the eco-resort's owner of course and hope to return next year after the roll out of protection from a covid-19 vaccine naturally.

I hope you'll show that on your YouTube channel in due course. As far as you know do those drone regulations only apply in the Komodo National Park or do they attempt an enforcement further afield, such as Rinca? I was in Raja Ampat last year for diving as well as some supplementary drone flying, with the permission of the eco-resort's owner of course and hope to return next year after the roll out of protection from a covid-19 vaccine naturally.
Rinca Is part of the Komodo national park and yes no drone flying there. I've spent the last 2 years in Raja Ampat and never had any issues flying there.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead