DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Our Lady & All Saints RC Church, Parbold

Paul Iddon

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Church was built by Edmund Kirby between May 1878 and May 1884 at a cost of £12,000. It is constructed of Sandstone rubble with slate roofs. It comprises a western Tower, 165 feet high, with Spire, Nave with Clerestory, north and south Aisles, south main Porch and minor Porch, lowered Chancel, north Chapel, south Chapel and south Vestry.

The Tower has angle buttresses and corner pinnacles, a bell stage with trefoiled lancet openings and a 4-light west window with traceried head. The stone Spire has lucarnes.

The Nave is of five bays. The Clerestory windows are triple stepped lancets, The Aisles are lit by trefoiled lancets, mostly paired, separated by buttresses. The main Porch has a moulded pointed outer doorway. At the east end of the Chancel is a Rose Window.

Until the opening of Our Lady and All Saints in 1884, the Catholics of Parbold and Dalton, who numbered about a hundred, belonged to the Wrightington mission. The services there were few, and in a report to the Bishop in 1855, the priest who served there from 1850 to 1891 wrote “Not registered for marriages, is a private chapel. No Via Crucis, no processions, no organ or music of any description”.

Music: VOCES8 - Pie Jesu from 'Requiem Novum' by Mårten Jansson.

Paul.

Thanks for another great video!

I liked your video. Two things stand out.

1. You put the history in your message, not a narrative in the video. Well done.
2. Your closing shot panning the camera down to the sidewalk, presumably inviting the viewer in. I would have reversed that shot, but I still really like what you did there.

Okay…. three things.

3. Your music fit perfectly.

A great job and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
I liked your video. Two things stand out.

1. You put the history in your message, not a narrative in the video. Well done.
2. Your closing shot panning the camera down to the sidewalk, presumably inviting the viewer in. I would have reversed that shot, but I still really like what you did there.

Okay…. three things.

3. Your music fit perfectly.

A great job and thanks for sharing.

Thank you - much appreciate the consider reply and points.

I tried the end scene both ways - the one I used playe dback more "natural" if you know what I mean.

Paul.

Thank you - much appreciate the consider reply and points.

I tried the end scene both ways - the one I used playe dback more "natural" if you know what I mean.

Paul.
Sometimes you need to try it both ways and one will stand out. Sitting at my editing desk right now and ready for this break!

Paul - well done! @2:18 your pull back with gimbal up was really nice effect. @:
2:30, is that the Vicker's house above the church?

Paul - well done! @2:18 your pull back with gimbal up was really nice effect. @:
2:30, is that the Vicker's house above the church?

Thanks Darryl 😊.

The house is the former priory, but nowadays there is a small business running from there.

The priest lives in Parbold near by, but he presides over three churches in the local parish apparently...

Paul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prop Wash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtomicSquirrel