DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pairing Issues with the DJI Mini 2 and the Remote Controller

paul mac

Reactions
I've just bought and received the DJI Mini 2 and experiencing pairing issues with aircraft (AC) and the remote controller (RC). I would appreciate some suggestions on how to resolve the issue.

I took the drone out for the first time yesterday. No problems with those flights undertaken at various locations flying the AC in Cine flight mode over the duration of the two batteries. However, when moving to a different location and flying on the last battery using the Sports mode and switching out to Normal mode, the AC experienced a failure in the connection whilst flying at a height of 2.7m, distance 0.2m. Initially, the loss of the link was with the mobile device. An amber coloured warning message was received ‘Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block’, that was followed immediately by a failure in the link with the RC and a red coloured warning message ‘Aircraft not connected to RC’ was received. As a result, the failsafe RTH mode was automatically activated and the AC landed safely at the designated home point. Upon landing, I checked the connection of the RC Cable (USB Type-C Connector) which was fine but I was unable to re-establish a link with the AC and the RC. The Aircraft Status Indicator remained blinking yellow, quickly, and the only way to power off the drone was to take the battery out of the aircraft to shut it down.

I returned back home in the garden where attempting to troubleshoot the problem. The link with the AC and RC was re-established and I thought that the issue was resolved. A push notification was also received that there was an update to the DJI Fly app (v1.4.0), RC firmware (04.11.0016) and a battery firmware update. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the app and firmware. Upon starting up both the AC and RC connect all is good but soon after (<1 minute) the same binding issue occurs with the warning message ‘Aircraft not connected to RC’ displayed.

I have tried to troubleshoot the issue using the three separate batteries in the AC following the instructions on pairing in the DJI Fly app home screen to try and relink them together, pressing and holding the Power Button on the drone for at least 4 seconds, but the AC doesn’t make the beeping sound to indicate that it is in pairing mode and I am unable to shut down the drone afterwards unless removing the battery. Alternatively, I have tried going into the Camera View, selecting the Connect the Aircraft button in the Control overflow menu, as well as using the RC itself using combination buttons, simultaneously pressing the Customisable button at the top left, the Photo/Video button at the top right and the Shutter/Record button at the top on the RC. Again, there is no beeping sound produced by the AC after pressing and holding the Power Button for the minimum 4 seconds duration, I am unable to repair the link with the device or shut down the drone without having to remove the battery.

Please advise. Any suggestions?

If the only way you can power off the drone is by removing the battery then I would suggest you have a faulty machine.

Probably best to talk to the supplier and explain to them what's happening.

If the only way you can power off the drone is by removing the battery then I would suggest you have a faulty machine.

Probably best to talk to the supplier and explain to them what's happening.
Thanks for your reply Ashjuk. My thoughts too on it being a faulty drone. Presently awaiting a response from the supplier. Gutted as I was enjoying my first flight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78