DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano Storage on Mini Pro 3

Jacqueline Cochran

Reactions
I have flown a DJI Spark for 5 years and have always preferred to stitch my panos together manually. Now I am flying DJI Mini Pro 3 and I am unable to find the individual photos that make up the panos. There is no longer a folder anywhere on the SD card called "pano" I realize the software stitches the panos automatically, but with distortion. Any ideas, where those individuals files are stored? I had RAW +jpg selected as format types. When I connect the mini 3 to my MacBook I get these folders neither which contain a pano folder

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0986 2.jpg
    IMG_0986 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12
You need to enable saving the originals, which can be done from the menu in the bottom right of the main screen during flight. You can choose between jpg or raw, and then you'll find the originals in a numbered folder in the DCIM folder on the drone's SD card.

You need to enable saving the originals, which can be done from the menu in the bottom right of the main screen during flight. You can choose between jpg or raw, and then you'll find the originals in a numbered folder in the DCIM folder on the drone's SD card.
strange that DJI did not set this by default ? I have the opposite issue, I have all RAW files but no software to stitch them together :( Also in my case the stitched file by DJI is nowhere to find. I can see it trough the app and export to my phone but the resolution is horrible only 2.5 MB file !!

You can output individual jpg files too for the panoramas. Raw files (.dng) need some processing to get the best out of them. I use lightroom mobile to process and convert the raw files to jpgs. I then load these into Hugin panorama stitcher to merge into a panorama. The panorama generated automatically by the app should be reasonably high res (pano sphere: 8192x4096px, 3x3 wide angle: 7200x5184px). Actual file sizes will depend on what the image content is and how compressible it is. The auto jpgs should be found on the SD card in the drone under the DCIM folder. Panorama original dng files are under a separate folder: SD card > DCIM > PANORAMA > [individual folder for each panorama]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman