DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama Features on the Mavic Air 2

I'm struggling to find details on the panorama features for the Mavic Air 2. Does anyone know if the same panorama features in the original Mavic Air are available in the Mavic Air 2? I tend to use the vertical panorama mode a lot so would hate to see it go.
Photo Modes:
  • Single: 12 MP and 48 MP
    Burst: 12 MP, 3/5/7 frames
    Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 12MP, 3/5 Frames at 0.7EV Bias
    Timed: 12 MP 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 seconds
    SmartPhoto: Scene Recognition, HyperLight, and HDR
    HDR Panorama:
    Vertical (3×1): 3328×8000 pixels (Width×Height)
    Wide (3×3): 8000×6144 pixels (Width×Height)
    180° Panorama (3×7): 8192×3500 pixels (Width×Height)
    Sphere (3×8+1): 8192×4096 pixels (Width×Height)

Reactions: Brosno
And they can be done in the HDR too.
What's not known is wether the 3x3 and 3x1 can be centered where you want like on the Spark or around the horizon like on...pretty much all other DJI Drones. Not much suspense...

What I'm trying to figure out also is will the panoramic feature produce the same RAW results as the current Mavic Air does. Those RAW images are essential in producing a better quality pano in post production, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that they are created by the Mavic Air 2.

What I'm trying to figure out also is will the panoramic feature produce the same RAW results as the current Mavic Air does. Those RAW images are essential in producing a better quality pano in post production, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that they are created by the Mavic Air 2.

Sure, there is a configuration parameter with which the drone keeps in a new PANORAMA folder (and a subfolder for each panorama) the separate DNG files that MA2 uses to stitch the final panorama JPG.
ON = keeps the separate DNG files (in addition to the JPG panorama)
OFF = you only get the JPG final panorama

(quite late, I think you've found the answer already somewhere else :) )

Reactions: Bernard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign