Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PanoVolo - drone pano stitcher - 1.7.0 released

PanoVolo

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.panovolo.com
A new version is available for Windows and macOS.

Main highlights:
1. The new "fill sky" function allows the zenith hole that most drones leave in 360 panos to be filled with interpolated data. Saves the trip to PS for post-processing. Also works in batch mode.
2. Supports DJI Osmo Pocket panoramas
3. UI was translated to main European languages

Full release announcement:

fiilsky.jpg

A new version is available for Windows and macOS.

Main highlights:
1. The new "fill sky" function allows the zenith hole that most drones leave in 360 panos to be filled with interpolated data. Saves the trip to PS for post-processing. Also works in batch mode.
2. Supports DJI Osmo Pocket panoramas
3. UI was translated to main European languages

Full release announcement:

View attachment 176705
My most obvious question...Since I have already purchased the software, can I upgrade free?

Dale
Miami

My most obvious question...Since I have already purchased the software, can I upgrade free?

Dale
Miami
Hi Dale,

Yes of course, upgrades are free and your current license works, you don't need to activate it again. Just replace the app with the new version and you are good to go.

Reactions: mavictk
Hi Dale,

Yes of course, upgrades are free and your current license works, you don't need to activate it again. Just replace the app with the new version and you are good to go.
Can you please advise how to install upgrade? Can you send me a link to install and upgrade?
Dale Davis
[email protected]

I see it’s Mac or PC.
It can work with the raw DNGs, if I make Lightroom adjustments before importing to Panovolo does it take that into account or just process the orig DNG with no corrections ?

If that’s what it does, is there any advantage to make making corrected Tiff files, i.e. color, exposure, lens, corrections, etc, .first and then using PV to stitch?

Last edited:
I see it’s Mac or PC.
It can work with the raw DNGs, if I make Lightroom adjustments before importing to Panovolo does it take that into account or just process the orig DNG with no corrections ?

If that’s what it does, is there any advantage to make making corrected Tiff files, i.e. color, exposure, lens, corrections, etc, .first and then using PV to stitch?
it takes original dngs. LR adjustments are in the proprietary format.

However, you can export DNGs from LR (and these will have your edits applied to them) and use them as an input for Panovolo.

Another workflow and in my opinion a better one is to stitch from original DNGs first, and then postprocess panorama TIFF. Original DNGs have no contrast or sharpness applied and are easier for Panovolo to exposure match and blend.

I got to say, I am impressed with PanoVolo 1.7 been playing around with the 137 pics from the air3 and have fiddled with many diffrent applications in the past and this is by far the most clean experience. (Happy with how it does the sky for the most part too)

Tiny planet I took and was messing around with as one example.

Or

I bought the application last night for 29 usd after playing with the trial with the watermarks and I got to say it may be worth it for using the 137 pic 360.

Just my opinion the sofrware seems a bit buggy (willing to speak a bit more to dev for that if intrested) but overall happy, will post over in pics too as the pic is cool high-level but the difference is the zooming in on it vs normaly tiny planets.

-Venny

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n