DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parks Victoria, Rules & Regulations, Help Needed.

Beet

Reactions
G,day, I am in south-eastern Victoria, along the coast there a several fauna&flora reserves as well as game hunting reserves. These are located in Coastal Parks (Crown Land), they are managed by Parks Vic. but they are not part of any National Parks.
Drones are prohibited on all Victorian National Parks land, I was stopped flying by a Ranger at one site, when I suggested he was wrong because we were on Crown land, he said did not matter because they are the managers.
Does anyone know if that is right.
Thanks and safe flying.

G,day, I am in south-eastern Victoria, along the coast there a several fauna&flora reserves as well as game hunting reserves. These are located in Coastal Parks (Crown Land), they are managed by Parks Vic. but they are not part of any National Parks.
Drones are prohibited on all Victorian National Parks land, I was stopped flying by a Ranger at one site, when I suggested he was wrong because we were on Crown land, he said did not matter because they are the managers.
Does anyone know if that is right.
Thanks and safe flying.
If your Provincial/National parks are anything like ours in Canada here - yes the Rangers and Supers have the final say about whether you can fly or not. Our rules from Transport Canada are no drones allowed in the parks "unless" you have permission from the Superintendent and usually only for suitable reasons like land management, research, reforestation or a documentary of some kind.
I've flown in our Conservation areas and at a Provincial park - but I've been mapping erosion and restoration efforts. The park super had no problems allowing me to fly off season. You might get lucky if you approach the Rangers and ask if there might be a suitable time you could fly to document the park and make your photos/videos available to them for their website.

Reactions: Beet
I have been told ( by a fellow drones ) if you take off and land outside of the park you can fly over the park coz they don’t control the airspace. I don’t know if that is entirely correct but I have had correspondence with Parks Victoria coz I want to film the coast neat Flinders, Cape Schank and all along the rugged coast and found Parks Victoria allow that as I’m not flying over their land. Hopefully someone as a very definite answer about flying over National or Coastal Parks.

I have been told ( by a fellow drones ) if you take off and land outside of the park you can fly over the park coz they don’t control the airspace. I don’t know if that is entirely correct but I have had correspondence with Parks Victoria coz I want to film the coast neat Flinders, Cape Schank and all along the rugged coast and found Parks Victoria allow that as I’m not flying over their land. Hopefully someone as a very definite answer about flying over National or Coastal Parks.
You are correct, as long as you take-off & land outside the national park boundary, you can then fly over the park.
The areas I am asking about are not national park land, it's just managed by ParksVic, it's crown/public land.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH