DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

passing on a tip for a good camera fix

marklyn

Reactions
Subject should have said "...good camera position..." but couldn't change subject line after posting.
If this has been posted before, sorry for repeating, but I thought posting a tip that might help new drone owners might be useful. This tip is related to using Litchi but I think the same principle would work in DJI Go app.
I've take a lot of flights where the camera angle was really bad and I didn't capture what I wanted to at different points along the flight.
I've learned that if I set up the mission flight first on the Litchi mission hub and then, along the way if I want to point the cam downward to capture a trail, creek path, length of pier, etc. then I drop a point of interest on a spot where I want the camera angle, choose interpolate, and I can then see the exact angle the camera needs to be. I then remove the point of interest marker and set the POI to "none" and set the interpolate camera angle at that angle previously shown. If you don't remove the POI marker then of course the bird will keep the cam on one POI spot, which is not what I want.
I just want to know the exact angle for the cam to catch a long strip of road, creek, pier, etc.
Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Pathogen
Also Drone Harmony Mission Planner can be used. In that case you fly around taking photos which become keyframes for the path smoothing algorithm, then upload to drone and replay. With practice you can get impressive results all in one battery charge.

Also Drone Harmony Mission Planner can be used. In that case you fly around taking photos which become keyframes for the path smoothing algorithm, then upload to drone and replay. With practice you can get impressive results all in one battery charge.

Looks like a good product...but Android only...bummer....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02