DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Paulinskill Viaduct Creepy, Decaying, Abandoned, Haunted Weird NJ OR Street Art Gallery Graffiti

veryzebra

Reactions
When built in 1910, this was the largest reinforced concrete structure in the world. But is it haunted?
To find it, you need to visit the rolling hills of western NJ, to a town called Knowlton. During construction at least one worker was buried alive and legend has it that he guards the viaduct at night. The viaduct was taken out of service in 1978 and has since become a decaying and abandoned structure. However it's also the home of some incredible street art; Graffiti.
These days if you may see people walking a dog, someone proposing, or base jumpers, or unfortunately even risk takers or worse. .... or you may find people camped out and doing awesome artwork.

Well shot. Such a special structure and great that it’s still there. Looks very rickety and I would not want to venture onto it so your vid did it for me. Thanks.

Reactions: veryzebra
Well done. I rarely says this but it could have been longer! I would like to have seen some longer shots of the art because some of it is really terrific. I was also hoping you'd fly down lower and closer the line of deer crossing the river...that was very cool.

When built in 1910, this was the largest reinforced concrete structure in the world. But is it haunted?
To find it, you need to visit the rolling hills of western NJ, to a town called Knowlton. During construction at least one worker was buried alive and legend has it that he guards the viaduct at night. The viaduct was taken out of service in 1978 and has since become a decaying and abandoned structure. However it's also the home of some incredible street art; Graffiti.
These days if you may see people walking a dog, someone proposing, or base jumpers, or unfortunately even risk takers or worse. .... or you may find people camped out and doing awesome artwork.
Very cool, and love the shots! Great flying!

Thank you, greatly appreciate it.

The viaduct actually gets more foot/bike/atv traffic than I'd expect. It's dangerous and not maintained. It's very cool to see although there is also a lot of interference when you fly near it.

I've been trying changing up the length of videos - sometimes keeping them longer and some shorter like this. It's part of a longer project so at some point there will be a compilation of abandoned/creepy places in NJ.

The deer were cool. I have other video having been lucky enough to have caught them crossing twice. Didn't want to spook them though so kept my distance and tried to just zoom a bit. Not the oddest thing I captured that month though - also happened to video a loose cow wandering through my church's graveyard then right down the sidewalk by main street. It was actually loose for a few weeks.

Awesome video!

I'm pretty sure I've seen this viaduct in other footage but equally sure street art has increased.
Had a search and dronertv and jeffS in this forum came up. Just goes to show I haven't lost it yet. Might misplace it but not lost 🤣
Like your coverage of the structure and was going to ask what was crossing the river as well.
Top effort veryzebra.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this viaduct in other footage but equally sure street art has increased.
Had a search and dronertv and jeffS in this forum came up. Just goes to show I haven't lost it yet. Might misplace it but not lost 🤣
Like your coverage of the structure and was going to ask what was crossing the river as well.
Top effort veryzebra.
Thanks Sky Wombat. Oh yeah, I'm definitely not the first with drone coverage of that. I just like getting out and exploring new areas which was funny since in this case it wasn't far from where I had grown up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661