DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pause button

Default is to stop and hover the drone.

It’s a good one to know when you need a minute to evaluate your next move.

use it when your drone is not going to land exactly where you expect it to land.

use it when your controller starts beeping letting you know the drone is returning to home but you realize home is a long way away from where you are currently standing. pause when you see your drone [rising] and taking off in the opposite direction.

Reactions: Thomas B
use it when your drone is not going to land exactly where you expect it to land.

use it when your controller starts beeping letting you know the drone is returning to home but you realize home is a long way away from where you are currently standing. pause when you see your drone [rising] and taking off in the opposite direction.
Good examples.

What exactly does the pause button do on my mavic air controller? ...

The pause button is also known the the emergency brake so it will stop the drone in its tracks violently.

In can also be used to stop some automatic flight modes without shutting the automatic mission down. Press again to continue with the mission in progress. This is in contrast to flipping the switch into sport mode as this will stop the automatic flight but not on a dime like the pause button. Switching to sport mode also cancels the automatic flight mission so it will need to be restarted and usually reset up

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for this info guys. As I read it then, By hitting the pause button or entering then exiting sport mode will stop the ma and make it hover and returning it to manual flight.

Thanks for this info guys. As I read it then, By hitting the pause button or entering then exiting sport mode will stop the ma and make it hover and returning it to manual flight.
Both will stop it but the pause button much quicker and the pause button might not necessarily return it to manual flight because it could still be in a mission the mission has just “paused.” If your goal is to return to manual flight switch the sport mode switch. If you are about to run into something hit pause.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine