DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pelican case for both goggles and Mavic

captainserial

Reactions
I'm trying to determine which Pelican cases would be large enough to accommodate the Mavic Pro, the DJI Goggles, and some accessories.

Those of you who already have the goggles, have you looked at cases yet? Can the goggles fit into a pelican case with the band attached (easily)? Has anybody measured the footprint of the goggles with/without the band attached?

Reactions: rydfree
ROFL.

Yeah, I'm thinking it will be fairly large. But I like to have a case I can throw in the trunk of my car and not worry about it bouncing around back there.
Depends. If you can layer the items, goggles on the bottom, then foam, then Mavic and gear then you should still be able to keep the size down.

Check out some
Depends. If you can layer the items, goggles on the bottom, then foam, then Mavic and gear then you should still be able to keep the size down.

This is one of those situations where it might be better to just have the Mavic and goggles in their own separate cases (flat for the Mavic+accessories, tall and boxy for the goggles). Also look at case offerings for the Sony PSVR goggles, which have a similar shape to the DJI goggles. You'll likely start seeing molded zipper cases for these goggles in a few weeks.

Reactions: captainserial
ROFL.

Yeah, I'm thinking it will be fairly large. But I like to have a case I can throw in the trunk of my car and not worry about it bouncing around back there.

I was just being facetious ,lol . I was looking at my Mavic case last night and then the goggles and thinking the same thing , what am I going to do ? I initially bought the popular semi-hard case off Amazon for the Mavic then found a hard pistol case that the foam from the first case fit into perfectly . I am going to drag out the first case and see if the packing foam the goggles were boxed in will fit into it . The foam in the goggle box is actually pretty good and already cut to fit , just need to find a case it will slide into .

Reactions: captainserial
I was just being facetious ,lol . I was looking at my Mavic case last night and then the goggles and thinking the same thing , what am I going to do ? I initially bought the popular semi-hard case off Amazon for the Mavic then found a hard pistol case that the foam from the first case fit into perfectly . I am going to drag out the first case and see if the packing foam the goggles were boxed in will fit into it . The foam in the goggle box is actually pretty good and already cut to fit , just need to find a case it will slide into .

Personally, I'd prefer to not have to plug/unplug the goggle display from the headband every time I move it around, so have ruled out using the original box/foam. I'll certainly keep it as an option for when I need to drop ship the goggles anywhere. But for now, I'm just using an old camera backpack that has a raised area in the center which accommodates the DJI goggles perfectly.

OpZyaPl.jpg

7EHTTbC.jpg

I got my goggles yesterday. I've been measuring them in various configurations and comparing them to my existing Pelican 1400 I use for my Mavic.

They are huge. Huuuuuuge. I decided on the Pelican 1600 for the goggles and keeping the 1400 for the Mavic. The only Pelican case that could fit them and my accessories side-by-side would be one of the long gun cases like the 1700.

Personally, I'd prefer to not have to plug/unplug the goggle display from the headband every time I move it around, so have ruled out using the original box/foam. I'll certainly keep it as an option for when I need to drop ship the goggles anywhere. But for now, I'm just using an old camera backpack that has a raised area in the center which accommodates the DJI goggles perfectly.

OpZyaPl.jpg

7EHTTbC.jpg
What bag is this? Can you take more photos? Does the rest of the mavic setup fit?

What bag is this? Can you take more photos? Does the rest of the mavic setup fit?

It's a very old photo backpack - the Kata R-102 (search for other product photos online). There should be newer versions of this bag out there now.

It's only large enough to hold the goggles and a few accessories - definitely no room for the Mavic. I'm only using it as a temporary solution until a custom Mavic case becomes available.

Looks like the display fits inside the headband.
DJI_Goggles___2.jpg

That is how I would want mine to fit in a case.
I don't see myself flying with them most of the time so a compact case is what I am looking for.

Rob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost