DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pelican cases

k8tek

Reactions
I want to pull the trigger on this foam insert for my pelican 1520 case. Has anyone used this company for custom drone case foam?

I want to pull the trigger on this foam insert for my pelican 1520 case. Has anyone used this company for custom drone case foam?
I've never heard of them, but that isn't a criticism. They look pretty good.

You do need to be careful putting your drone away if it has a hot motor. Let it cool a bit. That foam will melt pretty easily. It likely won't be an issue, but be careful.

Reactions: k8tek
what company, what foam?

your post is lacking the links
The scripting in this forum "hides" links in some instances. Look for the colored words.Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 8.11.19 AM.png

Reactions: k8tek
what company, what foam?

your post is lacking the links
I thought I posted the link.

This’ll make it easier to find.

Another option with a foam insert, is to cut it yourself. If you know your pattern, you can cut it out of a blank, spray it with Plasti Dip and you are good to go. There are a ton of YouTube videos on shaping foam inserts.

I have been a working pro photographer for 30 years. My pelican cases have been all over the world. They have been dropped, fallen off the top of trucks, stood on, and once possibly saved my life when a bought we were shooting from sank and my large case (filled with $50k worth of gear) floated wonderfully and helped us get a shore. They make a pick-and-pluck foam insert that you can customize. I do recommend some of the newer ones since mine are beasts and the new ones are much lighter.

I use a NANUK case for my Air 2S. I have Pelican and NANUK cases and I prefer NANUK.

I use a Nanuk 915 Case for the Air2s Fly more combo case. This thing is built for battle. When I have taken it hiking and camping it has held up to all the abuse I have thrown at it. It is the best case I have owned. I have them for my 3 other drones I own. I also have the 910 case for my mini 2, 910 case for my mini and 945 for my Phantom 4 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54