DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PGYTECH hd nd filters pro series

gozer

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I've recently bought a set of pgytech hd nd filters, pro series, including nd8, 16, 32 and 64.
I've noticed that the nd8 only is producing an obvious color shift, making the image too yellow.

Could anyone, having the same nd set, confirm this is (unfortunately) the way the nd8 works?
Pgytech support replied me, without even asking for a picture, that this is as per specification, but I cannot see why only nd 8 is affecting the colors.

Thanks a lot

Could you post examples? One photo witjh no filter, one with ND8 and one with 16 (or 32), With the same white balance.
It is common that ND-filters of mediocre quality can induce colour shift, but usually on filters with higher density than ND8. If your ND16, 32 and 64 keeps the colour neutral, they are of better quality than the ND8. It is probably made at another factory than the three denser filters.

good to know as I write off pgytech for any future filters

I've chosen those filters after the great exerience with their osmo pocket nd filters...but this time, I am disappointed.

Now that I see closer, I can say the only acceptable results come from nd16 and nd32.
What do you think?PGYTECH NDs half.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the examples. I took the photo in Photoshop and checked the colours there.
It is obvious that ND8 adds a strong yellow cast, and ND64 a slight cyan colour cast. 16 and 32 seems to be fine. I am not surprised that ND64 adds a slightly cyan colour tint, but the yellow with ND8 is unacceptable.

Reactions: gozer
Thanks for the examples. I took the photo in Photoshop and checked the colours there.
It is obvious that ND8 adds a strong yellow cast, and ND64 a slight cyan colour cast. 16 and 32 seems to be fine. I am not surprised that ND64 adds a slightly cyan colour tint, but the yellow with ND8 is unacceptable.
Thanks for the additional info and for confirming my impressions.
Does this happen with Polar Pro, or Freewell too?

Before these filters I already returned the Freewell VND set, which were really bad!

here follows the same test, but this time using the Polar Pro Cinema Series Shutter Collection.
In my opinion, these filters are a way better.

Attachments

• PolarPro NDs half.jpg
    PolarPro NDs half.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose