DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo Mapping Process

KX4SAM

Reactions
This is my current process.

Google earth, add polygon that defines coverage needed.
Export polygon to KLM.

Import KLM into Drone Link. Drone Link is NOT FREE, and at a level to import, the cost is US $100. That is WAY LESS than Drone Deploy at hundreds a month.

You can import via their web portal, and it syncs to all apps your signed into. You can also map on site, if that's what you want.

I have flow the APP, it intuitive to lean, does NOT have all the bells and whistle's of drone deploy

Just my 2 bits

Drone Link is NOT FREE, and at a level to import, the cost is US $100. That is WAY LESS than Drone Deploy at hundreds a month.
Does Dronelink generate the maps for you or is this just to fly the mapping mission?

By draw with finger or mousse, yes. You can via APP or PC loging.
Perhaps you misunderstood.
I can't find anything about map production on Dronelink's website, just automated flight.
Is the processing and map production done by Dronelink and included in the cost you mentioned?

I do not think so, I have PTGui with does pretty good
Then you may as well use DroneDeploy.
It's free to use their app for the mission planning, flight and image capture.
You only pay them if you are wanting them to process the images to produce the orthophoto etc.

btw .. If you are only using it for small area that might be all you need, but PTGui or any other photostitching software doesn't do the corrections to create a proper orthophoto mosaic.

DroneDeploy would be my choice, but check list hangs and tell me to upgrade. Is there a fix for that?
I've not run into that.
Perhaps they've changed something recently?

Dronelink only does the mapping mission. I use Agisoft to do the ortho, & bring it in to Autocad with GCP's. It works well for me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky