DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo/Video caching not working

HudsonHawk56

Reactions
I've had my Mini 2 for a few weeks now and everything has been great. However, at my last 2 outings, no photos or videos are being sent to my phone. I have recently done 2 updates and my app is at the most current level 1.4.12 and my phone is updated recently as well. I have a Galaxy S20 5G. "Sync downloaded files to phone album" is on, "Auto Sync HD photos" is also on. "Cache when recording" is on too. Internal storage on my phone is @ 56% used, my SD card in the phone is @ 27% used. I have contacted DJI support tonight by email.
Anyone have and idea of what's going on?
Thanks, Barry

Lots of posts on this subject. It seems the latest update to DJI Fly on android broke automatic sharing of photos with Google photos. You can still see them in the album in the DJI Fly app, so they are on your phone.

DJI Support answered me overnight, which was a pleasant surprise. Here's the email they sent:

cX2fEAaJHGF4Rj58p9buEcYhme1TJ1-ZFjfJHx4fb4lGEuyqfpzB_ERhQmo3pWnN--EgNAmwswgkPGp4lxgXZ0m1COfYnAsQFQuevNSaetLlZKi9KiNcKthA7cwplVvHpeZYXfIBXXpQrRjiZ1RNmPCcjDhzZ1KY63tnZDF2c0fc70HV-CHVschBW3rx1pTWGhcIpe-gtSOn-zKXizZ3vNfPoGqp8JHso-1HzdIhRTo31MqK=s0-d-e1-ft
John. Z (Support)

2021年10月25日 GMT+818:43

Dear Barry,

Greetings from DJI Support. We hope this email finds you well.

I'm very sorry for the trouble caused to you. In order to better save material download time and facilitate you to select photos, we have changed the saving logic of the app album path in the newer version app, and the [auto sync HD photos] function will sync the pictures to the gallery in the application.

After this adjustment, you can filter the materials directly in the in app gallery after the flight, and then save the favorite materials in batches to the mobile phone album, which also avoids the repetition and confusion of displaying the unselected photos in the system album.

You can click the up arrow icon on the material details page of the in app Gallery in the app to export the selected materials to the mobile phone album.

Hope it helps. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. Have a great day and take care.
Best Regards,
John
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

So it's not a bug, it's a feature.:)
Oh, it's a bug alright; they're just calling it a feature!

This is the kind of configuration issue that the user should be able to set.

But at least there's a work around.

Thanks,

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake