DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photoshop users...

noosaguy

Reactions
Hi all, I'm a subscriber to Photoshop and Lightroom CC and haven't seen a profile yet for the Hasselblad camera on the M2P. Has anyone seen one or in fact created one?

For DNG, I have found the following:

Built in profile is for lens info, to remove the distortion, which is extreme. However there is no color profile, and IMO the color issue in CC, LR or camera raw is an issue. Default is “adobe color”, which I don’t prefer, and tend to pick modern 4 or 7. 7 pulls out too much yellow in the greens but that can be fixed. LR and CC will see built in lens corrections and apply them but I feel these corrections can add a bit of softness to the edges of the images due to the amount of corrections that needs to be applied.

Capture 1, also sees built in lens profile, for Mavic and P4Pro2, However with “manufacture’s profile” select, you can not add any sharpening to the edges unless you use a mask. The MP2 camera IMO is a bit weak on overall resolution towards the extreme sides and needs a bit more sharpening than center. If you move to “generic” you immediately lose the built in lens profile, but do it and you will see a lot more details on the edges. It’s as if the lens profile is causing softness due to the amount of corrections applied. Color profile in C1 will default to IQ250 outdoor so far for the MP2 this seems to work fine.

Take a picture with the gimbal up 15 degrees then open it in C1 and move to generic for lens profile and then look at the amount of distoriion in the image with the horizon (edges bent upwards). It’s quite a bit.

Paul C

Reactions: noosaguy
For DNG, I have found the following:

Built in profile is for lens info, to remove the distortion, which is extreme. However there is no color profile, and IMO the color issue in CC, LR or camera raw is an issue. Default is “adobe color”, which I don’t prefer, and tend to pick modern 4 or 7. 7 pulls out too much yellow in the greens but that can be fixed. LR and CC will see built in lens corrections and apply them but I feel these corrections can add a bit of softness to the edges of the images due to the amount of corrections that needs to be applied.

Capture 1, also sees built in lens profile, for Mavic and P4Pro2, However with “manufacture’s profile” select, you can not add any sharpening to the edges unless you use a mask. The MP2 camera IMO is a bit weak on overall resolution towards the extreme sides and needs a bit more sharpening than center. If you move to “generic” you immediately lose the built in lens profile, but do it and you will see a lot more details on the edges. It’s as if the lens profile is causing softness due to the amount of corrections applied. Color profile in C1 will default to IQ250 outdoor so far for the MP2 this seems to work fine.

Take a picture with the gimbal up 15 degrees then open it in C1 and move to generic for lens profile and then look at the amount of distoriion in the image with the horizon (edges bent upwards). It’s quite a bit.

Paul C
Thanks paul, I've been selecting the profile DJI mavic pro FC220 in Lightroom. I had noticed it said 'built in' but I overrode that. It seems to be okay but I thought there might be a dedicated M2P profile out there. Colour profile isn't too important to me because I set my own using sRGB in Lightroom (usually) or PS. I had noticed corner and edges weren't particularly terrific but I figured there will always be compromises with a 1" camera that packs into a small bag and flies. Are you suggesting to use the 'generic' profile to overcome this or does this introduce distortion?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew