DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picture Not Right from Mavic 2 Pro

GeezLouise

Reactions
I am a beginner, just got my new Mavic 2 Pro out of the box, flew it and took a couple of pics. One was on single-shot, one was on HDR, in the photo settings on DJI Go 4.
But what am I doing wrong. The pics have weird displays of boats and roofs, and windows. I'm uploading a pic that I took yesterday.
Any help is appreciated! I want my pics to be just as good as my iPhone or better.76494

I'm uploading a pic that I took yesterday.
Any help is appreciated! I want my pics to be just as good as my iPhone or better.
I think your pics will be fine ... if you look at the real saved images on your SD card rather than the cached preview images in the app.
The image you posted is a tiny 960 x 480 rather than the full sized images you'll find on the SD card.

Reactions: Thomas B
And I wondered, what is wrong, working from an old notebook with just some 1024x.... resolution. I could only figure out some zig zag lines from a simple downscale algorithm. ?

Yeah, what you are seeing are just the cached previews as even the 20 MP JPEG tend to be 8 - 10+ MB (RAW meaning DNG about 45 - 55 MB). So it saves a lot of traffic and show you the previews with a small file size instead (and quality compared to the originals).

To access these pictures, you either have to hook your bird directly to the PC or remove the microSD card and import it to your pc via an appropriate card reader.

Happy and safe flying!

Reactions: Thomas B
There's also a setting in DJI Go 4 to automatically download the full resolution images to the app wirelessly. There will also be a button on the photos in Editor to download the photos. The drone needs to be powered on and connected to the app, of course.

55176592a1addbedd93d852ad9771cfa.jpg

Last edited:
@Mr. Salty is right, there's is this comfort function to either manually download it per photo or send all your captures automatically to your device directly without the need of a cable connection. This however just works with JPEG not with the DNG, if you probably wonder. But with 4 - 5 times the space, it's no wonder DJI did not implement it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh