DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot licensing in Canada

Craigolo

Reactions
Hello all, looking for advice. I have a MM, and although below 250 g i am considering getting my basic drone pilots license. I have installed a partial skin on my drone putting it over 250 g, but i am interested in licensing for two reasons, one for interests sake, and two if i want to upgrade to a larger drone.
Questions: any advice on where to do this online? Cost?, level of difficulty, and ease of passing exams, free re-writes etc....

Thank you

i pass mine last week at Transport Canada https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/drone-safety/get-drone-pilot-certificate/exam.html
i take the basic exam 35 question multiple choice the cost is $10.00 for the exam I pass at the first try 73% you need 65 % to pass and for registring the drone is $5.00 if you don't pass the first time you have to wait 24 hres to try again
do some reading first about regulation google is your best friend
good luck
Thank you! Great info!

Hello all, looking for advice. I have a MM, and although below 250 g i am considering getting my basic drone pilots license. I have installed a partial skin on my drone putting it over 250 g, but i am interested in licensing for two reasons, one for interests sake, and two if i want to upgrade to a larger drone.
Questions: any advice on where to do this online? Cost?, level of difficulty, and ease of passing exams, free re-writes etc....

Thank you
Since I had never taken any of their test, I used Questions Pilote de Drone - Révisions illimités - Drone Exam Canada.

For the Basic it was helpful; however, that site is worthless for the Advanced operations.
There are two government sites, the radio phraseology and flight meteorology PDFs that would be enough otherwise.

Remember, just putting the micro SD into the drone puts it over the weight; however, if anyone asks the weight is printed on the outside.

I also, registered my Mavic Mini and labelled it. I don't want to RCMP/OPP/Local Police to have any reason to hassle me.

Thank you
In addition to all the aforementioned excellent suggestions I would suggest downloading a few of the relevant TC pdf publications plus having an extra web browser open for searching at the time of writing the exam. Its op0en book and you get 90 minutes.

Hello all. Does anyone know if you have to take and pass the small basic exam before taking the small advanced exam?

I wrote the basic exam so I could immediately fly. It is not that hard, and it gives you a basic understanding of FAA rules and refs. I will do the advanced in due course, when I have time to study a bit more.

I just passed the Advanced, was a pain, when completed stated that I could fly basic, and schedule the flight review.
Did you do any kind of course? What material did you study the most to help you?

When I did my basic exam, I had just bought the drone and went for it on a whim. Except, I clicked the advanced exam. I didn't pass by 2 darn questions! So I either had to wait 24 hours, or do the basic. So I did the basic and passed no problem. Some of the wording in these exams are a bit out there.

No, I haven't done a course. I was just wondering what the requirements are. I am assuming that the advanced license covers everything that the basic one does but I wasn't sure.

No, I haven't done a course. I was just wondering what the requirements are. I am assuming that the advanced license covers everything that the basic one does but I wasn't sure.
The advance has more questions I think? or maybe it's just less time to get them done. But, if I remember, it was both more questions and less time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM