DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot skills advice

"Does anyone have any advice or resources on how to use the sticks to ‘fly’ my Mavic Air? Keen to learn!"

Hi 4006448
I understand exactly what you are talking about.
When I first started with my Mavic Air 1 I burned thru a lot of batteries just doing Figure 8's until I got pretty good at it.
From that I learned to control the drone smoothly when flying above the trees but I was having trouble when flying low thru the trees. I found I was using both sticks to steer/yaw and got a lot of close calls. A much easier method is only use the right stick and slide left or right to make minor corrections.
Anyway the point of this is that Figure 8's are excellent to learn smooth control of your drone and learn what the sticks do ..... just make certain to learn using both sticks AND learn using just the right stick.
I usually do a couple Figure 8's as part of my preflight check - practice practice LOL

there ARE vids on youtube, im a tinhorn so i started practicing with drone hovering in front of me doing maneuvers, then again most are preprogrammed to do alot of maneuvers u want i believe. Ive learned everything from utube vids as they dont put manuals in the box anymore b/cause they're online. i spent a probably a month watching vids before i even started using my drone. One thing ive leaned from this guy on youtube from EU i think is that some of maneuvers you do can be done in editing, however Ive yet to get into editing, i will find his user name and get back to you. He is a editing /video God and does it full time making films and most of his videos is on this topic, maneuvers/editing and making professional looking videos with ease , cough cough.
Thanks. I’ve also searched and viewed videos but maybe I’m not yet finding the ones instructing how to fly to get those results. It’s a great challenge to fly as well as the drone automations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots