DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilots Story: Michael Miller.

And the story is????
Same for me.

I figure this forum is meant for discussing interesting things concerning drones. If you can't be bothered to post your content here in the forum for everyone to read right here, what's the point?

Any time I see a tempting link that says something like, "Click this link to see something really interesting...", I automatically avoid that like the plague. It's like those annoying clickbait sites that tease you with, "The top 48 reasons for...", and you just know that's going to lead to 48 pages of spam and advertising before you finally get to the point, if you haven't already lost all interest before then.

At least with external Youtube links you're given a preview and the video will play right here in the forum. But those "Droning Company" posts always get my spidey-senses tingling, "Danger, danger, Will Robinson!" I have actually read a few of their articles and they're often quite good. But posting a blind link with no clue as to what it's supposed to be about, sheesh, that's just bad form.

Same for me.

I figure this forum is meant for discussing interesting things concerning drones. If you can't be bothered to post your content here in the forum for everyone to read right here, what's the point?

Any time I see a tempting link that says something like, "Click this link to see something really interesting...", I automatically avoid that like the plague. It's like those annoying clickbait sites that tease you with, "The top 48 reasons for...", and you just know that's going to lead to 48 pages of spam and advertising before you finally get to the point, if you haven't already lost all interest before then.

At least with external Youtube links you're given a preview and the video will play right here in the forum. But those "Droning Company" posts always get my spidey-senses tingling, "Danger, danger, Will Robinson!" I have actually read a few of their articles and they're often quite good. But posting a blind link with no clue as to what it's supposed to be about, sheesh, that's just bad form.
It's not a "blind link" Click on the link below the photo and it will take you to Michael's story

It's not a "blind link" Click on the link below the photo and it will take you to Michael's story
It is a blind link, in the sense that there is no information provided to recommend why anyone should click on that link.

I can see when hovering my mouse over the link that it goes to your blog website page, "Pilot Story - Michael Miller". Presumably he is the fellow in the photo. But your forum post gives no clue as to what might be of interest at that link.

As far as we know, his story might be that he likes to pose for photos while holding a drone. You have to at least give some hint as to what the mysterious "Pilot Story" is all about. As attractive as his photo might be, it's not enough to entice me to click on the link. It's the equivalent of posting a "blind link" saying only, "Click here for a big surprise!", or posting a link that says only, "For Sale" without actually saying what is for sale.

No offence intended in any way to Michael Miller. I did actually click on the link this time, just to check out his story, which starts out as:
All my life as a kid I've had a fascination with anything RC (cars, boats, planes etc.). Later, as an adult and father, I bought my son and daughter every RC vehicle imaginable—living my childhood vicariously through them. [...]

It is a nice story.

But why can't the content of Michael's story simply be posted right here on this forum? That way we can all read it, and comment on it here. This is a "discussion" forum after all.

I guess I'm just questioning the format of your posts. They never seem to contain any actual content, providing only a photo and weblink that's intended to divert traffic away from this forum and onto your own website. I suppose that's permitted since you're an "Approved Vendor", but the blatant marketing aspect of it is unappealing.

Reactions: sawman

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv