DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Places to Fly Map UK

RaRaRasputin

Reactions
So, I decided to create a website/app for us UK flyers to aid in locating places to fly our birds.

You can find it at Where To Fly Your Drone in the UK

Hope in time it will help people find locations to fly near where they live.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest.

Only set it live a couple of days ago.

So, the more people that submit to it, the better it will be for all :)

Reactions: NortiRascal
So, I decided to create a website/app for us UK flyers to aid in locating places to fly our birds.

You can find it at Where To Fly Your DJI Mavic Pro Drone in the UK

Great idea. I was going to add a couple of my favourite sites - but login verification email is not received so can't login. Please advise.

but login verification email is not received so can't login. Please advise.

Thanks for your interest and sorry you didn't get an email. I will let the owner of Grey Arrows know so he can look in to the email side of things.

In the meantime, I have manually activated your account on Grey Arrows

Such a good idea - what i've needed for ages. Living in London I find it hard to find good flying locations that aren't hours and hours away in the car. Saying that, not masses near me!!

The places that people have uploaded...have they been approved by any official or governing body? For if it's some Joe public flying his drone where he thinks it's OK to fly and it's not,then where in bovver..aren't we?
Still a great idea though... Well in.

I love the idea of it, and your effort in making it is much appreciated, but like @Tazbone above, I worry that these are people's best guesses as to whether we are allowed to fly.

For example, Porchester Castle is listed, yet flying there is absolutely banned - English Heritage found my video of this, and were most displeased...
Likewise Waverley Abbey, also EH. That's the only 2 near me, and I know both of them to be wrong ! :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tazbone
Hi all Drone Pilots,

We are a small lifeguard club on the Thames Estuary at Chalkwell in Essex.

As a club we are looking to get into drone flying for patrolling the beach,

If any of you guys would be interested in coming down to our club house on the promenade you would be most welcome to fly here and use our facilities too so that we can learn a bit more from you all to be able to help our club.

If you are interested just e mail me and we can set something up we meet on Sundays from about 10.30 am.

Thanks guys,

Best wishes, Tony.

[email protected]

Hi all Drone Pilots,

We are a small lifeguard club on the Thames Estuary at Chalkwell in Essex.

As a club we are looking to get into drone flying for patrolling the beach,

If any of you guys would be interested in coming down to our club house on the promenade you would be most welcome to fly here and use our facilities too so that we can learn a bit more from you all to be able to help our club.

If you are interested just e mail me and we can set something up we meet on Sundays from about 10.30 am.

Thanks guys,

Best wishes, Tony.

[email protected]
I see you appear not to have had any replies yet to your kind offer. Although you're well away from us I'll mention it to our Leicester Drone Club on the off-chance any members might decide to pay you a visit. What's your area like for weekend breaks facilities?

You can find it at Where To Fly Your Drone in the UK

Well according to the crown estates web page you can take of on any of their estuary or beach land between low and high water link below

Well according to the crown estates web page you can take of on any of their estuary or beach land between low and high water link below

Why? There's nothing on there about not being allowed to fly over their property?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998