DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Places to fly over a creek or river?

JFarrer

Reactions
I am a little west of Atlanta and I want to find a creek or river to fly over to take some cool footage while the leaves are changing. Any ideas of there I can fly? I went to Cartersville BUT there is an airport not far from the river there so I didn’t get to fly ?

I am a little west of Atlanta and I want to find a creek or river to fly over to take some cool footage while the leaves are changing. Any ideas of there I can fly? I went to Cartersville BUT there is an airport not far from the river there so I didn’t get to fly ?
How close are you to the Tallapoosa River? Should be able to get good footage there. Im about 80 miles west of Atlanta. Leaves are just know starting to turn.

Reactions: JFarrer
Being near an airport won't automatically disqualify the flight. If it's controlled airspace, you'll want to check the FAA facilities map to see the altitude they'll give authorization through LAANC.

I just checked Cartersville on FAA facilities map and DJI Fly safe. That airport is not controlled airspace so no need to get flight authorized with them (though a TFR could appear).

DJI did set up an authorization zone in the runway approach path for the airport there for safety. If you're confident you won't interfere with air traffic where you're flying, you can unlock the zone.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Try the Dog river in Douglas County. There are some good launch sites at Post Rd, Hwy 5, or even 166. I think next week would probably be best because the leaves aren’t really changing much yet.

Attachments

• 035E2C61-4855-4A0D-ACED-0F2253DC822C.png
    035E2C61-4855-4A0D-ACED-0F2253DC822C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
How about the Chattahoochee River? It runs from Atlanta pretty much all the way to the Gulf Of Mexico (although it changes its name when it get to Florida). It's very brown in color but I know there are many beautiful spots the river flows through, especially Columbus, GA where there are rapids and Columbus is a nice place to visit...great BBQ! Check out Smokey Pig there. Enjoy. Fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada