DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plastic camera cover

Tinyroo

Reactions
Hi everyone.

I find it really fiddly to replace the Plastic gimball/camera cover after use. Is there a certain way the has to be before I can put the cover on. Does anyone have the same problem or tips to help.

Many thanks
Dave

The Mavic 2 Pro is challenging for me. I tilt the camera down and fit the cover over the top of the camera. Then I align the back two tabs with the top of the gimble housing moving those tabs backward along the housing until I can get the front two tabs to "latch" into the front of the gimble housing. Last I rotate the cover until it snaps into place at the rear bottom of the housing. Pretty vague description, I know. Needs pictures or video, lol.

Reactions: Tinyroo
Hi everyone.

I find it really fiddly to replace the Plastic gimball/camera cover after use. Is there a certain way the has to be before I can put the cover on. Does anyone have the same problem or tips to help.

Many thanks
Dave
There are a lot better gimbal guards out there, do a Google search and I'm sure you will find some. I have one by Polar Pro that is much better and easier to install, but I'm sure there are others.

if the camera is fairly close to straight the channel inside the guard will guide it properly. as Robert says clip the top in first.
I haven't seen the improved model but I bought a after market guard for my AIR1 and it's light years better. I had broken the old one..there is nothing to break on the new one.

I really dislike it too. It feels like I'm going to break the camera. I've never tried this but this is the only after market one (also cheapest) I can find for the MA2. It's from China.

Thank you all for your help, I will persevere with the current cover for now.
I may in the near future purchase a different one

Reactions: Tufargon
. I've never tried this but this is the only after market one (also cheapest) I can find for the MA2. It's from China.
that looks similar to the one that I bought for my Air1. It had a super long delivery time but the price was right so I thought what the heck..i like surprises.. and it was a real nice surprise. It is super easy to use...no fiddling around..slides right on.

that looks similar to the one that I bought for my Air1. It had a super long delivery time but the price was right so I thought what the heck..i like surprises.. and it was a real nice surprise. It is super easy to use...no fiddling around..slides right on.
I may decide to get one if I can ever get time to go fly. :(
Maybe if I order now I'll get it in time for that next flight lol.

I only use the plastic gimbal camera cover to remind me to remove the camera lock device before turning the bird on. Painted it red, to remind me. When not in use, or when transporting drone in my back pack, keeps it from being damaged.

I do it in sort of 3 steps:
1) cradle the front (lens) of the camera into the middle of the cover.
2) slip the two tabs into their slots above the camera
3) click the bottom of the cover into it's slot below the camera.

The only difficult part is getting the camera in the right position in step 1.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag