DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PlayStation VR and Mavic ?

Just tried to use the Sony PlayStation vr headset plugged into the CrystalSky, unfortunately the vr unit doesn't have its own power source so takes its power from the PlayStation via the second connector. Just connected to crystalsky it will not power up. I didn't bother seeing whether it would work with the second connector plugged into the PlayStation as that would have no portability. Shame because it would have been a cost saver if you already have the units.
Has anyone tried hdmi media goggles?

Thanks for your feedback ! Sad it doesn't work as I want to keep full portability.....

Haven't got a psvr has had to some Google research to see how it could be done

Both of you have psvr, one thing I couldn't find was the current rating of the power supply
If you could look at the supply it will say output 12v DC xA
Could you tell me the number next to the a please

12V 1700mA

Edit: this Isn't on the headset but on the small box. And didn't see any DC.

On the headset I can only see [emoji832][emoji828]️[emoji835]️[emoji735] logo PS

Last edited:
Cheers, a little bit higher than I was hoping, can pull 1,500mA from USB using qc, rules out powering it off USB power battery

So it won't work even with a separate battery ? Was quite sure about that.... ****

So if I fly from my balcony it could work... thing that I don't do actually

Just tried to use the Sony PlayStation vr headset plugged into the CrystalSky, unfortunately the vr unit doesn't have its own power source so takes its power from the PlayStation via the second connector. Just connected to crystalsky it will not power up. I didn't bother seeing whether it would work with the second connector plugged into the PlayStation as that would have no portability. Shame because it would have been a cost saver if you already have the units.
Has anyone tried hdmi media goggles?

If you have a backyard all you would need to do is buy yourself a long extension power cord & bring your PS4 outside with you, problem solve, it would be a pain in the neck relocating your PS4 to the backyard but you will get to experience flying your Mavic outdoors through the PS4 VR goggles, if I could I would try it at least once in my life just so I could brag to all my mates that I did it.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilldale Harry