DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

please help

Irish-apple

Reactions
brought drone out and forgot memory card when I got to the place I wanted to fly an update appeared

I updated it and installed flew for about 30 seconds had to head hime so I did the update installed on controller and on mavic

went to fly this evening got this

please dont tell me its fooked already

didnt do anything at all only update are you joking me ?????

Attachments

• IMG_0696.PNG
    IMG_0696.PNG
    225.9 KB · Views: 73
reset to factory with assistant updated with assistant and got this now am I ok after almost ******** my pants there

Attachments

• IMG_0697.PNG
    IMG_0697.PNG
    713.3 KB · Views: 49
Good thinking, resetting to factory settings. Glad it is working for you now. I fly in airplane mode, have auto updating turned off and just ignore any update recommendations. Lesson learned after an auto-update gave me Go 4 version 4.1.18 that hosed my system.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Good thinking, resetting to factory settings. Glad it is working for you now. I fly in airplane mode, have auto updating turned off and just ignore any update recommendations. Lesson learned after an auto-update gave me Go 4 version 4.1.18 that hosed my system.
sorry about the language there but I got a fright seems the Ota updates are not the best and to trust the assistant ones ?? where to turn off auto update on the mavic or can you ?

The auto updates are controlled by your display device. On Android you turn it off in the Play Store. Do a search for your OS; there are a lot of videos showing how to do this.

Is in settings on IOS.
7219CEAA-5767-46E3-9F29-78A48A63E28D.jpeg

I do wish the updates required message was less 'demanding' in style.
I'd never update anything literally in the field - you generally aren't forced to do them at all let alone right now, before being allowed to fly.

The problem is the [accelerating] number of updates which are almost weekly.
If you only use it periodically there will almost always be something demanding updates and far too many flights turn into cautious testing out if everything is still working as expected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ