DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POI Air 3

There is no integrated way to do it, but you can simulate that behavior by putting waypoints around the POI in a circular fashion and set them all to face the POI.

What is the POI for than?
A POI (Point Of Interest) represents a location that is used to set the drone's heading and gimbal pitch angle at one or more waypoints. One or more POIs may be used throughout a waypoint mission to cause the drone to "focus" on those points as the drone passed through the waypoints to which those POIs are assigned.

If all you want is to specify one POI and then create a perfectly circular mission around that POI, you can check out my utilities.

Reactions: mavictk
A POI (Point Of Interest) represents a location that is used to set the drone's heading and gimbal pitch angle at one or more waypoints. One or more POIs may be used throughout a waypoint mission to cause the drone to "focus" on those points as the drone passed through the waypoints to which those POIs are assigned.

If all you want is to specify one POI and then create a perfectly circular mission around that POI, you can check out my utilities.

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I'm just getting started with my new Air 3 waypoints and that's something I will try soon for sure.

PS: Great website you have!!

Reactions: mavictk
I found this thread trying to figure out how to get POI to work with an Air 3 when used in a waypoint mission. I finally got it to work after reading many posts, looking at youtube vids, this thread and reading the manual over and over about six times. Seems like one of the keys is flying directly over the poi, gimbal down -90 and selecting it as a POI.

So my question is, what if you are not able to get over the top of a POI. Is there no other way to select it and be effective at keeping it in the frame?

While in Savannah last week, just before the hurricane blew through, I was able to get this video wanting to use waypoints and POI being the stacks. After failing miserably half a dozen times, I just flew what you see manually and then began working at it again once I returned home.

I found this thread trying to figure out how to get POI to work with an Air 3 when used in a waypoint mission. I finally got it to work after reading many posts, looking at youtube vids, this thread and reading the manual over and over about six times. Seems like one of the keys is flying directly over the poi, gimbal down -90 and selecting it as a POI.

So my question is, what if you are not able to get over the top of a POI. Is there no other way to select it and be effective at keeping it in the frame?

While in Savannah last week, just before the hurricane blew through, I was able to get this video wanting to use waypoints and POI being the stacks. After failing miserably half a dozen times, I just flew what you see manually and then began working at it again once I returned home.

Flying an orbit manually is really not that complicated. With a little practice, it becomes second nature, and easy. Lots of videos on YT of how to do it, long before all the automation was available. Same with manual 360 panos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n