DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POI Mode - Taking Still images

queeg730

Reactions
Folks,
Newbie here, so apologies for what may be a stupid question....
I want to do a Vision POI on a structure, but take still images, and not video..... when I tried this, the camera does not fire.... (it seems that the Video does start automatically??? or am I mistaken in this?).
I had the camera set to 1 second interval, but I had to manually fire the camera each time.....

When I set the Vision POI orbit up, all the usual stuff appeared (draw the box, set the radius etc).. and when I hit GO, the drone operated normally (got its position and then started doing the orbit), but no camera shots were taken. I was in 'P' mode not Sport or Tripod....

I want to circle the POI at 1 m/s and take a photo at 1 second intervals..
Does this POI feature work only for video???? and how can I get a similar orbit and take photos rather than vids?

thanks,
Mike

Folks,
I want to do a Vision POI on a structure, but take still images, and not video..... when I tried this, the camera does not fire.... (it seems that the Video does start automatically??? or am I mistaken in this?).
I had the camera set to 1 second interval, but I had to manually fire the camera each time.....

When I set the Vision POI orbit up, all the usual stuff appeared (draw the box, set the radius etc).. and when I hit GO, the drone operated normally (got its position and then started doing the orbit), but no camera shots were taken. I was in 'P' mode not Sport or Tripod....

Does this POI feature work only for video???? and how can I get a similar orbit and take photos rather than vids?

thanks,
Mike

I use Litchi, you can do a POI and set the camera to take pictures and just hit take picture when you are ready, you can also set up a mission to fly to the POI and then take pictures automatically

Thanks Exphantom...
I have used Litchi, but will it allow me to take timer (interval) pictures as the flight is doing the orbit?

Also with Litchi, I had an issue on waypoints, where at the first WP, I set the gimble to -90 deg, and no other action on any other WP.... I had the camera set to timer mode at 3 second intervals.... problem was, that as the flight progressed, even though the camera operated on the 3 second interval...... the gimble automatically turned up to 0 degrees!!!
Couldn't work it out at all... any thoughts on that one????

Thanks Exphantom...
I have used Litchi, but will it allow me to take timer (interval) pictures as the flight is doing the orbit?

Also with Litchi, I had an issue on waypoints, where at the first WP, I set the gimble to -90 deg, and no other action on any other WP.... I had the camera set to timer mode at 3 second intervals.... problem was, that as the flight progressed, even though the camera operated on the 3 second interval...... the gimble automatically turned up to 0 degrees!!!
Couldn't work it out at all... any thoughts on that one????

Interpolate must have a figure set on the previous and next

WP 1 zero
WP 2 -90
WP 3 zero

This will start the camera level at WP1 move it -90 at WP 2 and return to level at WP3

Ahhhh!!! maybe that was my problem.... I did NOT want the gimbal to return to zero at ANY time, but of course it did.

Here are my figures..... I had 17 WP in total, all EXCEPT WP 2, set to Interpolate..
WP 1 Actions: - 90 , Stay for 3 secs , Gimbal Pitch - Interpolate, 0 deg
WP 2 Actions: Stay for 3 secs , Gimbal Pitch - Disabled
WP 3 Actions: Stay for 3 secs , Gimbal Pitch - Interpolate, 0 deg
WP 4 - 17 Actions: NONE , Gimbal Pitch - Interpolate, 0 deg

Was it that WP 2 being 'Disabled' that caused my problem of the gimbal returning to 0 degrees?

Clearly, I need to study up more on this!!!!!

Ahhhh!!! maybe that was my problem.... I did NOT want the gimbal to return to zero at ANY time, but of course it did.

Here are my figures..... I had 17 WP in total, all EXCEPT WP 2, set to Interpolate..
WP 1 Actions: - 90 , Stay for 3 secs , Gimbal Pitch - Interpolate, 0 deg
WP 2 Actions: Stay for 3 secs , Gimbal Pitch - Disabled
WP 3 Actions: Stay for 3 secs , Gimbal Pitch - Interpolate, 0 deg
WP 4 - 17 Actions: NONE , Gimbal Pitch - Interpolate, 0 deg

Was it that WP 2 being 'Disabled' that caused my problem of the gimbal returning to 0 degrees?

Clearly, I need to study up more on this!!!!!

if you want to set an action that tilts the camera then use just that, what you did was set an action and an interpolate on WP1 this moves the camera for the action and then moves it again for the interpolate.

Interpolate is best used for a mission when you want to move the camera smoothly up and down during filming

Exphantom...... "By Jove, I think he's got it!"... that was soooo helpful.... thank you a million! I owe you a beer.
So, what I should have done was to forget about using Interpolate, and just set ALL the WP manually to Gimbal ''Disabled', then turn it to -90 at the start and forget about the rest, and it would have stayed at -90 (which is what I wanted).... or alternatively, set ALL the WP to 'Gimbal Interpolate', and pitch -90!
Too easy!!!
thanks yet again,
Mike

This is yet another useful and informative thread... Thanks! Sounds like I will need to invest in Litchi too. It's kind of irritating though, that we spend almost a grand and a half on the latest kit, and then have to fork out additional money for a third party app to do this stuff!

Folks,

thanks,
Mike

I've probably missed the point here because I'm an old bloke. But, why not shoot a Hyper-lapse in RAW using POI? You can do that in the Go4 app.

Okay you'll end up with a lot of images but they're all RAW (DNG) stills.

Reactions: CarlStarke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123