DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POI problems?

steeldog

Reactions
Hi all, I'm new and I'm having trouble with my Mavic Air in POI mode. I can set the POI and radius and elevation, and it flies in a nice circle (at least almost always), but it fails to keep the POI centered, and will drift seemingly randomly, yawing left or right. Sometimes it drifts off the circle path when this happens, but it returns to its orbit eventually. Any idea what is going wrong and what I can do to correct?

Problem? yaw problems in POI mode

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: calibrate IMU, made sure firmware and app are updated

What device are you using? iPhone 12 pro max

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version

Any modification? none

Did you change anything or install any apps? nope

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Here's an example. I set the house as the POI (Flying directly above it, setting poi, then using the sticks to increase altitude and radius.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-23_[17-55-59].txt
    106.9 KB · Views: 8
How did you select the target?
What option did you use to tell it to orbit? It seems there are various ways in Go4 to make a drone orbit a subject, see

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum from California. I can't remember trying that mode with my Air 1 but it is a good maneuver to learn to perform manually. The Air 2 excels at POI shots but practice at doing them yourself will improve your overall flying ability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut