DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poland Advice

Lewberry6

Reactions
Hello,

Off to Poland this weekend for a wedding from the UK and hoping for some advice if anyone has had any experience especially in terms of military airspace.

So my understanding is the bases of the rules follow the current EU drone regs. I’m registered in the UK and all my drones are labelled etc. so I believe this covers my registration also in Poland and generally being allowed to fly.

The country specific rules appear to follow an app called DroneRadar in which you have to check in every time you fly. It then highlights local restrictions and regulations for specific areas/ drone weights etc.

The wedding is in Zdunska Wola which is within a military airspace control zone (Lask). According to the app I can fly there but I need to phone the control tower of the airbase for permission to fly.

I am wondering how this plays out exactly? Is this a complicated process or is it simply a case of a yes or no response? What sort of details am I going to have to provide? Will the military base actually be happy about a call simply to fly a drone? Do I need to do this in advance and can I ask to fly all weekend or is it per flight?

I don’t speak polish either so worried they not going to have a clue what I’m talking about lol

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m also going to be in Warsaw for a day and it seems the rules there’s seem to be if I’ve got my mini and stay below 30m all is fine without any permission needed in the majority of areas.. Obviously will be following the app.

Thanks
Lewis

@Lewberry6 it is my understanding that UK registration is not valid in other EU countries ,i would check this for definite before you go ,the CAA should be able to clarify if this is correct

Reactions: Lewberry6
@Lewberry6 it is my understanding that UK registration is not valid in other EU countries ,i would check this for definite before you go ,the CAA should be able to clarify if this is correct
Oh… Thanks for that. Guess that’s my fault for presuming the fact we have adopted the EU rules meant we were included in the same legislation across Europe.

So it appears you are correct. Both the registration and my A2 CofC is useless in Europe.

Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: old man mavic
@Lewberry6 sorry if i have put a dampener on your trip,sometimes advice from another person is not always what you want to hear ,the whole drone regs is a minefield ,with so many different interpretations of basically the same rules

Reactions: Lewberry6
@Lewberry6 sorry if i have put a dampener on your trip,sometimes advice from another person is not always what you want to hear ,the whole drone regs is a minefield ,with so many different interpretations of basically the same rules
I guess it has a little but thanks for the information. Certainly wouldn’t want to turn up and do anything illegal. Annoyingly not sure if I’ve got the time to sort it all out now, early flight tomorrow. Believe I need to register and do another online competency test with Polands CAA….

At least the drone was a secondary objective. Worse case there will certainly be plenty of vodka to drown my sorrows 😂

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
Hello,

Off to Poland this weekend for a wedding from the UK and hoping for some advice if anyone has had any experience especially in terms of military airspace.

So my understanding is the bases of the rules follow the current EU drone regs. I’m registered in the UK and all my drones are labelled etc. so I believe this covers my registration also in Poland and generally being allowed to fly.

The country specific rules appear to follow an app called DroneRadar in which you have to check in every time you fly. It then highlights local restrictions and regulations for specific areas/ drone weights etc.

The wedding is in Zdunska Wola which is within a military airspace control zone (Lask). According to the app I can fly there but I need to phone the control tower of the airbase for permission to fly.

I am wondering how this plays out exactly? Is this a complicated process or is it simply a case of a yes or no response? What sort of details am I going to have to provide? Will the military base actually be happy about a call simply to fly a drone? Do I need to do this in advance and can I ask to fly all weekend or is it per flight?

I don’t speak polish either so worried they not going to have a clue what I’m talking about lol

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m also going to be in Warsaw for a day and it seems the rules there’s seem to be if I’ve got my mini and stay below 30m all is fine without any permission needed in the majority of areas.. Obviously will be following the app.

Thanks
Lewis
I know absolutely nothing about the European and Polish drone regulations. But what I do know is that if you are only thinking of doing some low level overhead shots of an outside wedding ceremony or party , like by a church or a nice venue, I simply cannot imagine anyone except a crank deterring you. I am thinking about 30 to 40 feet high.
I will now brace myself for an onslaught of criticism.

If you go to the French drone registration site they have a section in English that you can complete. If you pass that it will be valid for all EU countries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13