DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable charger size question

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The Mav3 batteries are 5,000mAh. There is a 27,500 portable charger with 4 USB ports I’m interested in. It’s my understanding that it is not as simple as one divided by the other. Anyone know how many charges I might expect from such a charger? Let’s assume I drain the battery all the way which of course I don’t do but it will make the question more simple.

I'm far from an electrical wizard, but if you are referring to a 27,500mAh power bank (not a charger) then you could expect 5 charges before needing to refill the power bank. 5 x 5000 = 25,000mAh.

Reactions: danwnz
Except I don’t think it;s that simple. If the powerbank has 5000mah I don’t think it can drain to zero while charging the drone battery but I am admittedly clueless so that may be the case.

Hmmm.. If I understood correctly, you were looking at a 27,500mAh power bank, which is enough to charge five 5,000 mAh batteries and still have 2,500mAh left. Granted, that's under ideal circumstances, but as you said, probably the 5,000mAh batteries would never be completely empty. Seems like you should be fine unless you need to charge more than five batteries.

Reactions: Capt KO
I don't think for the life of the battery to use it for more that 3 charges anyway which will prolong the life of the cells similar when you charge to not charge to 100% but much harder to control, a lot of laptops these days almost never charge to 100% which is supposedly supposed to significantly increase the life.

Don't know for sure but I recently picked up the Jackery 300 off amazon. I can charge 4 M3 batteries and the RC-Pro once before it's dead. Bottom line, I need either another, something bigger or more batteries lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada