DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POSITION max speed settings using Maintenance mode

mr.jipi_

Reactions
I want to add ATTI mode on my Mavic 2 using this workaround (
), but I can’t decide if I should keep the TRIPOD mode or the SPORTS mode… I mostly use my drone for cinematography, and only use the Sports mode when I’m very high or to be “quicker” when I position myself. The tripod mode, I use more often in small spaces.

I was wondering if I could switch SPORTS mode for ATTI mode and modify the POSITION’s max speed using the “maintenance mode” so I could keep the best of both worlds. Any one ever done this ?

Thanks

I haven't done any mods but I do fly my MP with the OA sensors turned off. This gets a speed between Position and Sport mode without the over sensitive yaw control of Sport mode.

I want to add ATTI mode on my Mavic 2 using this workaround (
), but I can’t decide if I should keep the TRIPOD mode or the SPORTS mode… I mostly use my drone for cinematography, and only use the Sports mode when I’m very high or to be “quicker” when I position myself. The tripod mode, I use more often in small spaces.

I was wondering if I could switch SPORTS mode for ATTI mode and modify the POSITION’s max speed using the “maintenance mode” so I could keep the best of both worlds. Any one ever done this ?

Thanks
Yea but the sensors will limit your top speed in position mode. You have to turn them off to see the new faster speed.

Reactions: mr.jipi_
Yea but the sensors will limit your top speed in position mode. You have to turn them off to see the new faster speed.
I did not realize that the maximum speed in P mode is affected by the sensors. Based on a quick look, did not find anything in the manual on this. Where did you learn this tidbit?

Reactions: mr.jipi_
Thanks, I learned something new again.
No problem.

The vision sensors are only able to process information fast enough to avoid obstacles at or below those speeds, any quicker and the sensors can become a liability by giving you a false sense of security or incorrectly identify obstacles. Furthermore, the sensors have a limited field of view so if the aircraft is pitched too far forward or backward it cannot see the obstacles clearly enough to avoid them. These are the same reasons the sensors are disabled in sport mode.

Note that the sensors limit both attitude angle (25 degrees) AND ground speed (31 mph forward+27 mph backward.) This is relevant because in a headwind the sensors may limit the ground speed due to the attitude angle. Therefore, if you remove sport mode and are caught in a head wind on the way home turning off those sensors may be the difference between getting home safely or not.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143