DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible battery issue?

dronenoob

Reactions
hi... really noob-ish question here from 1st time MM user; just received as bday gift and excited to learn more, etc. With apologies if this has been asked elsewhere and I missed reading it, but here's the question: today was the first out-of-the-box test flight from my deck. Batteries charged, everything calibrated, firmware current. I *literally* only make one very brief - about 2 minutes - first flight straight up and practiced some with the controller. Short video of that extravaganza :). Several hours ago, did another short flight - perhaps about 3.5 minutes, higher altitude, while videoing. Had to land it when message came through that battery was about to die. So, I got around 5 minutes of use out of this battery before it died. Thinking something ain't right. Haven't tried any of the other two batteries yet. Am I missing something or did I not do something in setup that I should have? Never got a prompt on screen about a battery firmware update, and it says the production date is 7/2020. Only other thing crossing my mind that seemed unusual was the fact that upon opening the box when I got it the other day, all three of the batteries had no charge whatsoever. I know the documentation says they're in hibernation mode for safety, but was kind of surprised that they were all fully discharged. Just wondering if I've gotten bad batteries?? Again, sorry for the relative stupidity of the question. Thanks for any input! - Dave

When you check your batteries in the MM, do the 4 green leds light up when you press the power button once.
In the DJI Fly app were your batteries showing a "100%" charge, full green bars ?

1600137657830.png
The app battery indicator displays the battery life, temperature, voltage, remaining flight time.
Did your indicator show a 25-30min flight time on start-up ?

Battery firmware update messages usually appear on the first screen in DJI Fly, they don't appear in the camera view.
What charger are you using ?

When you check your batteries in the MM, do the 4 green leds light up when you press the power button once.
In the DJI Fly app were your batteries showing a "100%" charge, full green bars ?

View attachment 113024
The app battery indicator displays the battery life, temperature, voltage, remaining flight time.
Did your indicator show a 25-30min flight time on start-up ?

Battery firmware update messages usually appear on the first screen in DJI Fly, they don't appear in the camera view.
What charger are you using ?

Thanks so much for the fast reply! I'll have to check about the 4 LEDs... I'll do that tomorrow. Will also keep eye out for firmware update message on that first screen. As to your question re: charger I used, all batteries were charged initially in the hub that came w/ the Fly More Combo, and I used the supplied power plug.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54