DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power Director Video preview is slow and choppy

eblyman

Reactions
I was using power director on my android while learning the basics of video editing. Decided to try PowerDirector 17 on my laptop and found the the video preview is painfully slow and choppy. Has anybody had any experience with this? I originally thought that it might be the fact that my laptop is 4-5 years old but the same 4k videos played through any of my other media players just fine. Laptop was not high end when I purchased it new, 2.16GHZ Intel, 4GB of RAM. From the requirements on their website, it looks like I should still be ok.

Thanks in advance!

I use PD at home and at work and my home one can be a little choppy on slowmo stuff, but my specs are a mile higher than yours. PD needs a decent CPU, loads of RAM and a bloody good GPU too.

I use PD at home and at work and my home one can be a little choppy on slowmo stuff, but my specs are a mile higher than yours. PD needs a decent CPU, loads of RAM and a bloody good GPU too.

Thanks for the reply, I was afraid that was the issue.... I have been in the market for a new computer but wasn't planning on purchasing until the end of the year so I will probably need to find new editing software until then.

Maybe give Davinci Resolve a try. It has the capabilities to render down your videos to a smaller resolution so you can edit it smoothly. There are some Youtube tutorials on how to accomplish this. The only downside is that it can sometimes take a long time to down render the video and it also takes up more space on your hard drive while your editing.

I
Maybe give Davinci Resolve a try. It has the capabilities to render down your videos to a smaller resolution so you can edit it smoothly. There are some Youtube tutorials on how to accomplish this. The only downside is that it can sometimes take a long time to down render the video and it also takes up more space on your hard drive while your editing.

I will try that out, can I get back to the original resolution and if so, if it the same quality as the original 4k video?

It just makes a cashe file so your able to edit smoothly. Then once you complete the edit, you choose the render file video quality. So it will output to whatever you set it to be. It is very customizable in every aspect. Also, it will not effect the original video file or the resolution of that. It simply makes a copy of your original file and compresses it to a smaller resolution only for the editing. It looks intimidating when you start, but there are many tutorial videos. Take your time and watch these. They will guide you. I got frustrated at first using Davinci, but once it clicked on how it works, I really like it. It is as close to a full professional software that you will find and it's 100% free.

Reactions: eblyman
It just makes a cashe file so your able to edit smoothly. Then once you complete the edit, you choose the render file video quality. So it will output to whatever you set it to be. It is very customizable in every aspect. Also, it will not effect the original video file or the resolution of that. It simply makes a copy of your original file and compresses it to a smaller resolution only for the editing. It looks intimidating when you start, but there are many tutorial videos. Take your time and watch these. They will guide you. I got frustrated at first using Davinci, but once it clicked on how it works, I really like it. It is as close to a full professional software that you will find and it's 100% free.

Awesome, I'll try it out tonight. Thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet