DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-programming Waypoints for M2 Pro using iPad instead of SC

JLo79

Reactions
Only just starting to really play with pre-programming missions with Waypoint 2.0 on the SC now and finding that the display on the SC is too limiting in terms of being able to make precise flight paths, zoom in on maps, change settings easily etc, whereas this would all be very simple to pre-program on DJI Go 4 on my iPad, and so much more accurate and time efficient with the smart pen, if only there was then a way to transfer them to the SC or the M2.

I only have the SC, not the standard controller, so can’t “hard wire” the iPad or my phone to the device, and can’t find anyway to transfer from iPad or iPhone to the SC by Wifi or Bluetooth other than Go Share which only allows for the transfer of videos and photos.

Have downloaded DJI GS Pro but can’t add my device on there either... (Am I doing something wrong?). Also for basic consumer usage paying for DJI GS Pro to enable POI doesn’t seem like a great investment given that POI are free in Waypoint 2.0

Would be so straightforward if just using DJI Go 4 on the iPad would allow you to transfer to DJI Go 4 on the SC.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Only just starting to really play with pre-programming missions with Waypoint 2.0 on the SC now and finding that the display on the SC is too limiting in terms of being able to make precise flight paths, zoom in on maps, change settings easily etc, whereas this would all be very simple to pre-program on DJI Go 4 on my iPad, and so much more accurate and time efficient with the smart pen, if only there was then a way to transfer them to the SC or the M2.

I only have the SC, not the standard controller, so can’t “hard wire” the iPad or my phone to the device, and can’t find anyway to transfer from iPad or iPhone to the SC by Wifi or Bluetooth other than Go Share which only allows for the transfer of videos and photos.

Have downloaded DJI GS Pro but can’t add my device on there either... (Am I doing something wrong?). Also for basic consumer usage paying for DJI GS Pro to enable POI doesn’t seem like a great investment given that POI are free in Waypoint 2.0

Would be so straightforward if just using DJI Go 4 on the iPad would allow you to transfer to DJI Go 4 on the SC.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
Dronelink would let you do that.

Reactions: parkgt
I thought the missions would be stored on the AC.
If not, I'm sure it's a file somewhere.

I've been too chicken so far to try waypoints, especially pre-programmed. What if I miscalculate obstruction altitudes.
That and using up battery energy for programming rather than flying. But that's where one can use a moderately swollen battery that you can't trust for flying.

I’ve done 4 way point flights with them mapped out the night before using SC
I use the hybrid map that shows satellite view and able to zoom in to pick waypoints and POI’s easily.. I recharge batteries before flight so I’m good to go...

I’ve done 4 way point flights with them mapped out the night before using SC
I use the hybrid map that shows satellite view and able to zoom in to pick waypoints and POI’s easily.. I recharge batteries before flight so I’m good to go...
Do you need gps to set waypoints?

I do mine on PC looking at them in hi-res on a 49" screen (using Litchi Mission Hub) I can set them so precise using the overhead sat view, going back to anything less such as a Ipad or SC screen is a no brainer I'm afraid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest