DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision landing now available

That’s great! I’m down loading this very minute, will test out tomorrow see how close it gets to takeoff point.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

Reactions: Inspirephil
I have read somewhere that using the auto takeoff is the process. I did not do that. Normal takeoff to 15/18 ft, sit for 5 seconds, but I also always wait for a minimum of 10 sats before liftoff.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I downloaded the latest firmware, want to go out and fly her , but it is raining out today :(. So maybe another day, I can not find a raincoat for her :D:D:D

I have read somewhere that using the auto takeoff is the process. I did not do that. Normal takeoff to 15/18 ft, sit for 5 seconds, but I also always wait for a minimum of 10 sats before liftoff.

I didn’t know that, use auto-takeoff for precision landing. I took off on my own, first two RTH landings were 4” to 5” inches from launch area. That’s good enough in my book, then the third try landed 2 feet from launch area?

Ok, I’ll try auto-takeoff tomorrow see if it nails it every flight, thanks for the tip!

Paul

Remember the "old" mavic precision landing was enabled by a take off climbing vertically to about 6-10m without any movement of the drone. You could do this manually or use auto takeoff with the precision box ticked.

I suspect the new one is exactly the same. No need to let it hover, just climb slowly, vertically to that height then go off.

YES! Precision landing works perfectly now. I tested it three times: just hit RTH button from hundreds of feet away, and in all 3 tests the M2P landed within 2 inches of it's takeoff point.

I don't normally use RTH, and I hand-catch all the time anyway, but it's a neat party trick for those checking out a drone for the first time. It's just nice to see DJI moving in the right direction with their efforts/updates.

Reactions: Bobby Brown
I took her out for a flight and just for fun I put a dime under the button on the battery. She came back after the flight and found the dime.

That’s awesome, I’m getting close return landings too 4-5 inches.

Can’t help but notice your forum handle (detectorguy), you must be a detectorist. I’m using the M2P for metal detecting research purposes, both metal detector and M2P are a good combination for metal detecting. Searching for lost Western/Mission era settlements or Native American villages from the air.

M2P allows very long flights at great distances, best research tool to have.

Paul

it is really interesting the things we can see from the air, that we do not see as we walk right over it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu