DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preference?

If you see my earlier reply with images, the metadata suggests there was only ONE exposure, just edited- one brighter, one version darker. Also see my comments regarding On1 Photo Raw vs Lightroom. Fwiw I have a subscription to Photoshop/Lightroom and prefer O1PR to Lightroom-by a lot.
I guess that's the main point about some of the suggestions on this topic, i.e. that it's extremely difficult to get a decent image from a single photograph in highly contrasting light conditions whereas shooting in burst mode and post processing a collection of exposures taken of the same scene can produce very striking photos. Alas, the Mini does not have native support for true AEB or HDR methods and as you indicate, does not shoot raw images. I guess the Mini does have a type of HDR merge of two images (in the camera). Here's a video from Henrik Olsen that the original OP might find helpful:

I guess that's the main point about some of the suggestions on this topic, i.e. that it's extremely difficult to get a decent image from a single photograph in highly contrasting light conditions whereas shooting in burst mode and post processing a collection of exposures taken of the same scene can produce very striking photos. Alas, the Mini does not have native support for true AEB or HDR methods and as you indicate, does not shoot raw images. I guess the Mini does have a type of HDR merge of two images (in the camera). Here's a video from Henrik Olsen that the original OP might find helpful:

The OP seems to need more education on basic photography. It's not a knock. We all had to start somewhere. I would suggest by googling 1) Dynamic range of sensors, and 2) "bracketing exposures". Even if captured manually, as Henrik pointed out, they can all be merged in regularly available software. But that requires some basic knowledge of photography and image capture.

Digital image capture is a double edged sword, much like electronic music creation. It allows the machinery to do a preponderance of the technical decisions and execution, allowing the creator to skip learning the basics.

Wow, thank you. That video just showed me something I never knew was possible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143